apples before meals help break a plateau?

LittleMissAngi
LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I had a friend tell me that if you eat an apple before meals, it will help you break through a plateau.

It makes sense, I think. It makes you feel fuller, for longer, so you eat less at your meal.

Has anyone heard anything like this? Or has anyone done this?

I would like your input please!

Replies

• zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    I don't know about this specifically helping but I'm sure apples, as well as other foods rich in fiber will help you to feel fuller for longer. Eat every 3 hours or so - light meals instead of full meals. Maybe this is what your friend means...
  • red1879
    red1879 Posts: 4
    you must be careful with eating too many apples, but having one a day is healthy. (High in sugar, calories and carbs) If you want to try eating a some before a meal, cut one apple into 1/3 and have a little for each. I've never heard this before, but with all things in moderation. What I was told to do was drink an 8 oz glass of water before a meal. This helps a LOT. Keep counting calories and carbs, and let your body tell you what it needs. Everyone is a little different. Be sure not to just watch the scale, measure yourself too. So when you get frustrated with the scale not going down, you can watch for results in your waistline.
  • ryzola
    ryzola Posts: 51 Member
    What's with all this apple dieting stuff lately? By your logic (it makes you feel fuller), why not just eat anything that is a complex carb before hand? I remember someone posting some kind of scientific reasoning behind it, but wasn't this debunked?
This discussion has been closed.