Loose Skin...

Options
Hello all.
I just joined a local gym, and I plan on losing 125 lbs, but i have to be honest, the only thing that concerns me is the fact that I am going to have tons of loose skin. /=
I need some motivation...

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    if you lose slowly your skin will have time to shrink too. =)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you on that!! I am aiming to lose 240 total when all is said and done. I know that working out will help to tighten some of it, but will not do all of it. I have been told by my trainer and doctor that I will need a tummy tuck done when I reach my goal.....sucks to think about but at least I will no longer be fat.
  • Beautiful4607
    Options
    Yeah, I know. I just need to be patient. I joined the gym because I heard if you excercise, you tighten your skin, not allowing it to get loose. I wanna be thick, Im just tired of being fat!
  • Beautiful4607
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! I want to be 175 or 180! I dont want to be entirely skinny, I just wanna have nice curves!
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have lost 82 lbs in 5 months, I still have another 42 lbs to go. I have no signs of loose skin. The bottom line is, it;s better to have loose skin than 125 lbs of extra fat!!! Good Luck
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Loose skin is something you can hide way easier than fat if you do happen to have it :wink:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Everybodys body is different. For me I lost 75lbs my skin is "saggy" but not that extreme. I am 22 and I've kept the weight off for over 2.5 years. Lose the weight slowly, drink plenty of water, eat clean and moisturize every day. 125lbs is alot of weight, don't get discouraged bout the skin, remember you can always get a tummy tuck later on in life... Think bout your health and how much better you are goin to feel. Do your weight training and cardio. Best of luck!
  • Beautiful4607
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your words of wisdom and encouragment! It is helping sooo much, you wouldnt begin to imagine! I am already starting to feel better, and I havent lost much yet! But my biggest problem is being obsessed with the scale. When i get on and see that I havent lost anything, I do get discouraged. But for some reason, lately I have been telling myself that it will all pay off. It is most definately a very slow process, and it can get very frustrating, but then again, it will pay off!! I am soo excited to lose this weight, and with the help of other people who are also trying to lose weight, or have lost a large sum of pounds already, it really does motivate me!! Thanks again!!