going on holiday, help!

Options
So next week i'm going away for a few days. I can't wait but i'm realy starting to stress about what food i'm going to eat. The hotel is all inclusive so i'm going to have no control over the food and how it's prepared!

I guess whats really worrying me is that all my hard work is going to come undone in a few days of relaxing. I've never been to this sort of hotel so i'm unsure of what food would be available. Can anyone give me some tips or advice about how to get through the week without too much damage. My plan so far is to do a lot of exercise to try to balance it out, swimming and walking :)

Thanks guys

Replies

• katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too hard about it. Focus on meals with whole foods, lots of vegetables. Stay away from the sugar and deep fried options, and anything with tons of cream or cheese. Try to have a salad at every opportunity...and ask for a lowfat or fat free dressing. And ask for it on the side.
    Drink water and stay away from soda and juices....
    You will be fine! Just use what you know about eating well and make good choices!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Don't go mad on the alcohol, try and make reasonable choices and keep active. I went on a cruise last year where food is available. All the time and the cocktails were amazing but because I walked a lot ( there's a lot of hills in the Norwegian fjords) and swam every day I didn't gain anything. And if you do put on because you've indulged some will be water and will come off within a few days. I comeback from a 4 day rock festival 11lb heavier once but it was all gone within a week. Most of all, have a fabulous time.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    And watch your portions.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    at the inclusive resorts I have stayed at there has always been a lot of fresh fruit available- there has also been a lot of fried food available - stick to the fruit and you will be fine

be sure to relax and enjoy yourself!
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,

Alcohol should'nt be a big problem as the friend i'm with does'nt drink so less likely to lead me into temptation. I suppose my greatest worry is my mind say ' hey it's ok you're on holiday'. At least i should be able to get loads of walking in, i'm not a sit on the beach all day kind of girl :)