From the newspaper: I’m injecting my eight-year-old with B

Options
Thomasm198
Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
I decided to put the words "From the newspaper" at the start of the subject line of this in case anyone thought I was talking about myself.

The link below is the newspaper article.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/3485305/I-give-my-girl-8-Botox-for-pageant.html

A synopsis of the newspaper article. A mother is giving her 8 year old daughter daughter botox injections because she wants her to be a celebrity when she is a teenager. In addition to the injections this "parent" brings her daughter to have body-waxes to ensure she doesn't grow hair when she hits puberty.

A quote from the article:
Worryingly, Britney - whose research scientist dad died four years ago aged 83 - regards the injections and waxing as part of normal life. She demands the top-ups of Botox, complaining she can see wrinkles. Britney says: "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, when I see some I want more injections. "They used to hurt, but now I don't cry that much. "I also want a boob and nose job soon, so that I can be a star."

What sort of a parent does that to their child? What sort of a world is this turning into?:explode: :mad:

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really sad. I hope Child Services get involved as surely it's just a different for of child abuse. Even the first sentence about wearing make-up at eight sounds shocking to me!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I read this in a magazine yesterday. It beggars belief. I fell it is child abuse and something should be done about it. She is injecting her with poison! If she added paracetamol to her drinks she would be punished. It makes my blood boil :explode:
  • laylalana
    laylalana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading a book about the narcissistic society we live in today. Her mother would be the poster child for that book. I have a 9 year old daughter myself... what Dr. would inject a 9 year old with botox?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    oh thats very sad ! poor child knows better, niether it seems does the mother!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    she's a total saddo 2 do that 2 a child
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have such issues with a show here about children in beauty pageants. I'm all for it, if the children look NATURAL. but babies covered in makeup, fake tans, fake hair, fake teeth...what is that teaching them!?

It's surprising to me that she's willing to talk about it, I expect child services to show up on her door step any minute now.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That's sick...:sick: I cannot beleive after everything ppl say in the news, parents are still dumb parents and subject they're children to what is already known as a dumb procedure.... that makes me so angry i could cry... :explode: :mad: :cry: :sad: :brokenheart:
  • niallse
    niallse Posts: 58
    Options
    This is such a sad story. What sort of parent would do that to their own child?
    I think it’s the mother’s inferiority complex and probably frustrated childhood that drives her to do this to her own kid. Totally sad. I hear it all the time, and can even see it with my own 3 children but "kids are growing up too fast these days"! We have a moral responsibility as adults and parents to encourage our children to enjoy the age of innocence, not aspire from an early age to mimic media hungry/ fame aspiring "celebs" off reality TV programmes.

An 8 year old should be out playing in the park/garden not suffering Botox poison injections which only serveto massage a mother ego.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :noway: I am speechless...that is not an easy thing to do
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    I have to start off by saying, that if waxing early prevents hair growth, then I wish I had started waxing when I was super young!! But even at 22 I think I'm too young for botox, let alone a cute little 8 year old. And what if she doesn't become a superstar? She'll forever feel not good enough as her entire childhood was preparing for a very unrealistic dream. This kid will probably grow up and develop eating disorders and have a very low self image.. Poor thing.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Ugh that is sick and really sad :( DSS should be called
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading a book about the narcissistic society we live in today. Her mother would be the poster child for that book. I have a 9 year old daughter myself... what Dr. would inject a 9 year old with botox?

I'm sure they have alot of money and sadly..money comes first. Ugh so not right
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I have a 5 year old daughter, and while I'll let her play with make up from time to time, I try my best to instill in her that she is perfect the way she is.

No make up, botox or surgery can make a person beautiful, that's a light that shines within.

What a sad story.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone is living her dreams through her child... Unbelievable! Reminds me of those parents that force their kids (really YOUNG kids) into beauty pageants, when the child clearly just wants to be a kid...
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    what Dr. would inject a 9 year old with botox?

She is a beautician and does it herself with stuff she buys off the Internet - god knows whats in it!!
  • laylalana
    laylalana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dang! The fact that a beautician can "inject" anything is wrong. There are many people in the medical field with various degrees and experience who are not allowed to do any kind of " invasive" procedure - of which "injecting" used to fall.. Somewhere around that kid and her mom are people... family members, school teachers, friends, neighbors, co workers, who know about this - what do they think? - do they think it is ok too, are they "not going to get involved" - just like all those kids who end up dead, starved to death by the parents, abused, etc...I always wonder about the people who knew and still did nothing. I have never been one to just "look away" but you can bet - they are there. Wasn't there a Nip/Tuck episode about this very same thing... probably the mom's favorite show...