Do you record weight gain?

Options
I've had a bad few weeks (but going to fix it starting today!) and I've put on for the last two weeks. I didn't record this on MFP in case seeing my weight climbing instead of going down would dishearten me.

I was curious if others have done the same, or if you always record your weigh-ins, regardless of the number?

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I do. I weigh almost every day but only enter my weight on my weigh day...good or bad. I figure the good is like a pat on the back and the bad gets me more motivated to do better.

Good Luck. I have fallen many times but always get back up.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I get weighed every day so my weight fluctuates, I dont record the gains only the overall losses but then I havent fallen off yet so im not too worried, If I'd put on a lot (4lbs say) over a week or two then I'd probably record it but fingers crossed it hasnt happened yet.
  • xrockinrobyn
    xrockinrobyn Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how much. I've put on weight mid-week but lost it again by my official weigh day so not recorded it but unless I put on more than a pound I would just keep note and just remember to not record it when you lose it again.
  • nickij274
    nickij274 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do. I've had a couple of bad weeks but i've still logged what I've eaten everyday and also my weight. I have it in my head that weight day is wednesday and no matter what the result it has to be logged every wednesday. I just figure i may as well be realistic.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    On Mondays, yes I do.... but not midweek.
  • nickrobinson82
    nickrobinson82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always record and I record on the given day, that way when I see my weight climbing I will be reminded what not following my diet can do. I started a diet last year and lost 30 pounds in 5 months. I stopped exercising and dieting and gained it back in 4 months. It was easy to put on and hard to take off, I don't want to do that again.

So to answer your question yes I record it everyday, and I use any negative reaction I may have as motivation to stick to it.

Hope this helps.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh and record everyday. It's been really interesting for me, because I can almost always correlate gains with things that I had to eat or drink the previous day. I'm very sensitive to sodium and alcohol, so it's been interesting to see how much my water weight fluctuates from day to day. I fully admit that my way of doing things works for me because it's like a big science project, and I don't get emotionally invested in the numbers, just the overall trend.
  • kendratiger20
    Options
    If recording your weight gain is going to discourage you, I say don't record. When I gained weight, I just wouldn't record anything until I got to the weight I was at before. When I got sick I gained two pounds.. :sad: .. I decided not to record anything til I reached the 3lb lost mark. Then I only recorded it as 1lb loss.... Just keep going and remember the only reason to do this is for yourself!! You've got it girl, just kick your own *kitten* this week!! :flowerforyou:
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i must admit i havent in the past. i see it as that i shouldnt be happening so i will rectify it as though it never happened. if that tactic didnt work then i would note it!!!
  • hollyd1986
    hollyd1986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do. I weigh almost every day but only enter my weight on my weigh day...good or bad. I figure the good is like a pat on the back and the bad gets me more motivated to do better.

Good Luck. I have fallen many times but always get back up.

I agree with this :) Goodluck with it