Replies

• eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    awww.. congrats!!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That is great! And it does seem to help. My aunt had my cousin and could not get pregnant again for years due to PCOS and endometriosis. She tried for 17 years with no luck. She lost a good bit of weight and finally got pregnant. Good luck!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Aw! Congrats beautiful! Good luck on everything with your future family planning!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something hormonal changed when you gained weight. I know that happened to me (I am also PCOS) and I would have "it" like every 6-8 months for maybe 4 days. I got tests done and I have pretty much have been as hormonal as a pregnant woman since like 12 years old...LOL Not to toot my own horn but at least I glow like one too which is nice. :) If your trying to get pregnant the doctors told me the best thing you can do is lose weight and get on birth control pills for at least 6 months so your body gets use to ovulating. Then go off the pills and start trying again. I am glad your getting healthy again and really hope your family planning goes well! I am so happy for you! :)
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I was diagnosed with PCOS in July of 2004. I got pregnant with my first son in Feb of 2008...and then pregnant with my second son in July 2009!!!! All on my own, no meds, just lost a few lbs and got my eating under control! (I gained it all back, which is why I'm here) BUT it can happen! Don't give up!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That is so good to hear...my doctor gave me this 'you should think of alternatives' look when she said I probably have a very difficult time getting pregnant...it killed me...but good to know that it can be fixed w/o meds!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    That's great news!!! Congrats to you and I hope with the weight loss the sound of little pattering feet come soon after. Congrats again!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    that is awesome . . .I know that fat cells secret hormones that throw off our regular cycles, I believe it is too much estrogen . . .but don't quote me. I am so happy that things are looking up for you, and let us know if you get a postive pregnancy test in the future!
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I have TOM issues too and never thought that I would wish it on. I know what you mean.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    and just some encouragement...

A friend of mine is both overweight and has PCOS. She successfully used IVF and has five wonderful children. She is very happy.

I don't have PCOS and was not overweight but i still could not conceive and carry to term (I miscarried twice ).

I used an egg donor and IVF and have two wonderful little boys.

Weight loss is great. PCOS makes conception difficult but just some hope...IVF can help you if that is the route you decide to take.

Because you have PCOS, your health insurance might even cover it.

Hope that makes you feel better,
    Michele
  • B140
    B140 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that your TOM is becoming regular. Hopefully you will have no trouble concieving now that you can more accurately guess your ovulation time. I have PCOS too and did get pregnant after losing weight, but not right away. It took me getting an ovulation test kit. It turned out that the time I was ovulating was also the time my husband wasn't as interested. Sometimes you both just need a little heads up on the best time to do the deed.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That is great. Hopefully, motherhood is in your future. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i have PCOS and understand!! thats fantastic! i don't want kids but i do want to be regular one day. thats a huge goal. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!