Joined the gym once again

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
Okay, so I finally got my butt over to the Y to sign up. First I signed up, because
my son will be going into afternoon kindergarten (yeah) and the Y offers a program in his school before his class (he gets to go on the morning bus and everything, and they transfer him to his class) and I get a cheaper rate if he's a member
and
for me. I noticed and knew that once the kids were home for the summer, that my exercise would die down, and hence, it did. I didn't want to drag my 8 year old to the gym and put him in the child care with a bunch of 2 year olds, but found out that they take the older ones in the basketball court on Mon.-Thurs. from 8-11. So that made me feel better, and I made a recent friend that brings her kids there too, so, well, I did it!
I signed up the WHOLE family (waste of time for my hubby, he'll never go, but it was cheaper, and who knows, maybe I'll get him there!) and went and did a little cardio.
Tomorrow, I'll go again and maybe pick up a class or two!
I actually do love to use all the equipment. I just kind of feel bad when I know the kids are in there and they could be slightly bored out of their minds! But, my older son said, "Mom, don't worry about it, work out, we're fine!"
okey dokey. that's all I needed to here.
Watch out people, I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!
:tongue: :tongue:

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    Okay, so I finally got my butt over to the Y to sign up. First I signed up, because
    my son will be going into afternoon kindergarten (yeah) and the Y offers a program in his school before his class (he gets to go on the morning bus and everything, and they transfer him to his class) and I get a cheaper rate if he's a member
    and
    for me. I noticed and knew that once the kids were home for the summer, that my exercise would die down, and hence, it did. I didn't want to drag my 8 year old to the gym and put him in the child care with a bunch of 2 year olds, but found out that they take the older ones in the basketball court on Mon.-Thurs. from 8-11. So that made me feel better, and I made a recent friend that brings her kids there too, so, well, I did it!
    I signed up the WHOLE family (waste of time for my hubby, he'll never go, but it was cheaper, and who knows, maybe I'll get him there!) and went and did a little cardio.
    Tomorrow, I'll go again and maybe pick up a class or two!
    I actually do love to use all the equipment. I just kind of feel bad when I know the kids are in there and they could be slightly bored out of their minds! But, my older son said, "Mom, don't worry about it, work out, we're fine!"
    okey dokey. that's all I needed to here.
    Watch out people, I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!
    :tongue: :tongue:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    But, my older son said, "Mom, don't worry about it, work out, we're fine!"

Kids are awesome! I love his response.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!! I bet they are having TONS of fun too.
    WAY TO GO!!!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I love my Y! The classes here are awesome and a realllly fun way to stay motivated and work out!

:smile:
  • jenbar
    Options
    I hope so. This is the 2nd time I've joined! Then when they're both in school (full time yippeeeee) I'll be able to get there after they get on the bus and be able to start my day! I''m hoping to be at goal by the end of September. I think this is the push I needed.