Confused

Options
On my daily summary it says my goal is 1270,but on my diary is say 1400.I exercised today and I earned an extra 130 cals which I don't usally use..So is it 1270 or 1400,I thought is was 1270 because I'm trying for 1 and a half lbs a wk..Please explain this..;)

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    1400. 1270 is your NET calorie goal.

On your home page there is this equation:

GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE= NET

Your aim, every day should be to eat enough so that your NET calories match your GOAL calories, and so that your NET calories don't dip below 1200. So 1200< NET<GOAL Does that make sense?
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    MFP suggests that you 'eat back' your exercise cals so it will add any cals you 'earn' through exercise back to your daily goal so that your net calories are always in line with what it suggests your daily intake should be.
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Your goal is still 1270. Every time you list an exercise the site adds those calories to your diary.
    Some people "eat" their exercise calories and some people don't. You should at least eat your 1270 calories daily and drink plenty of water.
    Everyone is different and everyone has a different opinion on eating those exercise calories.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal sets up your calories as if you don't have any exercise. So, your daily intake is 1270 with no exercise. When you exercise, you "gain" those calories back. So, you could eat 1400 and lose the same amount of weight as if you had eaten 1270 and not exercised at all.

I generally don't eat my exercise calories back unless I have a huge calorie burn, but a lot of people swear by eating them back and losing weight quicker. Its all a matter of seeing what works for you.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    it is 1400 because you are SUPPOSED to eat the exercise calories! this should answer your questions...

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
  • amii37
    amii37 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank You all so much for the explanation,now I get it..I get alot of exercise through the day so I think I should eat the extra calories :smile:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options

LAWLZ one of my favorite links!