What to eat pre workout

Options
Every Monday and Wednesday I take boxing. I want to know what are the best foods to be eating during the day on those days. The classes are extremely high intensity so I need a lot of energy but I also don't want to feel full when I go. The classes are at 6:30 so basically I want to know what to eat for breakfast, lunch and snack prior.

thanks!!

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I recently read that eating a banana prior to a workout is a good idea. I don't remember where I read it, so I can't give you a cite--sorry.
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    Banana's are good, the potassium stops cramping. Quick energy foods about an hour or so before you workout. Whole grain pasta, energy bar, etc. High carb foods. Your body burns carbs first. This is what pro athletes do. For the entire day, mix in lean meat and protein.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    If I need to eat before a workout then Clif bars. I keep a few in my vehicle console. One bar will give me enough energy to workout.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I eat a LaraBar before Zumba classes. I prefer them because they are all natural ingredients and do not spike my blood sugar like a lot of other "bars" do. Balance bars are good also if you don't care for LaraBars.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i've heard banana's before workout & a protein shake or high protein food with dairy after an intense workout to help the body rebuild the muscle :o)
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some kind of fruit or if that isn't an option, a slice of whole wheat toast with 1 tsp natural peanut butter!