Zumba

Options
Does anyone know how to track Zumba under exercise?

Replies

• chenna14
    chenna14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tracked my Zumba under "dancing general" I ususally choose the "moderate" option instead of the "vigorous" one.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went on a different site and found it and then added to my exercise but I have seen people say dancing, aerobic general but I wanted to be close so I did it this way
  • woladok
    woladok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue , because I just started a zumba class this week. I ended up putting it under general aerobics, but I am not sure how accurate that is.
  • Mandie800
    Mandie800 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Per other suggestions on here, the instructors advice, and other people in the class with body bugs, I list it under high impact aerobics and the calorie burn seems pretty accurate. For me it was 749 calories burned for 60 minutes.
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You need to add it yourself. Zumba is different for each person. It's best to invest in a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) to track your calories burned. If you do 60 mins of Zumba I believe you should have atleast burned 500 calories. It all depends on how hard you work it. I do a more impact workout in Zumba and burn between 650 & 780. But I do recommend getting an HRM. Good luck! And Zumba rocks! I'm addicited!
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    was wondering this myself since i am going back to my class tonight hmm
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You need to add it yourself. Zumba is different for each person. It's best to invest in a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) to track your calories burned. If you do 60 mins of Zumba I believe you should have atleast burned 500 calories. It all depends on how hard you work it. I do a more impact workout in Zumba and burn between 650 & 780. But I do recommend getting an HRM. Good luck! And Zumba rocks! I'm addicited!

I wholeheartedly agree! I use a HRM and some classes I burn over 500 calories and other I burn over 600. Depends on my instructor. It also depends on how tall you are and how much you weigh. I find that MFP overestimates the calorie burn.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information everybody, it helped. I will have to figure something out for now and look for an HRM soon.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I went to go to my Zumba class after work and it was canceled! But, I did run to Target and get a HRM....at least I got one of those things done :smile: