Why the Scale Lies?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i sooooo needed to hear that... thank you so much!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I drink the same amount of water each day and eat the same foods each day (though with different recipes and such). I take in 2500-3000mg of sodium each day, which is neither too much nor too little.

I consistently weigh less each and every morning.

The only way to gain weight? Intake more than your body uses. The restroom counts. This is why you should weigh-in every morning, right upon wakeup: visit the restroom first, strip, and get on the scale.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    If you drink a ton of water, that helps with the sodium.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Very good read thank you :)
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    Awesome article! If I hadn't had my boyfriend there to explain this to me every morning that I weighed myself I would have gone crazy! Although, I'm sure he thought I had since he could have just recorded himself and not dealt with the explaining every day.

Again, great find!!! I hope a lot of people take this article and really take the time to understand it!
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Really great article. Thanks for sharing!!! :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing AND logging every day now exactly because I don't want to give a single number on the scale too much credence. If I weighed only once a week I wouldn't know that I happened to be 2 lbs heavier than the day before, but that I'd be 1 lb lighter the next day.

The scales DON'T lie, they just don't tell you what you wish they would. They tell you your weight, not your health, value or self-worth.

Every time my parents go on holiday they come back and go on about how much weight they've gained, and I try, in vain, to explain that it really can't all be fat and it doesn't drop off because they lose so much fat over the next few days. My parents have a very low sodium diet, so every restaurant meal is going to flood their system with salt. They just won't listen...
  • honey11brown
    honey11brown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is great. Thanks for the light.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Saving this!!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    great article! thanks for sharing
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I'm weighing AND logging every day now exactly because I don't want to give a single number on the scale too much credence. If I weighed only once a week I wouldn't know that I happened to be 2 lbs heavier than the day before, but that I'd be 1 lb lighter the next day.

The scales DON'T lie, they just don't tell you what you wish they would. They tell you your weight, not your health, value or self-worth.

Every time my parents go on holiday they come back and go on about how much weight they've gained, and I try, in vain, to explain that it really can't all be fat and it doesn't drop off because they lose so much fat over the next few days. My parents have a very low sodium diet, so every restaurant meal is going to flood their system with salt. They just won't listen...

when you mention the fact about your parents gaining weight on holidays i had to laugh b/c every trip i go on i also gain weight.... on some of my vacations up to 7lbs! but yes it's different foods that we are eating that contribute to that and usually with in a week the weight falls off again..... just sucks when you are still on holiday and your pants and swimsuit just dont' fit the same in that short period of time .....
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great article it reminds me of something I learned in Chemistry class (obscure I know).
    We had to put a certain amount of chemical in to a mixture and get the results described in the assignment. So I carefully placed the powder into a beaker and weighed it, when it was the required weight I poured it into the mixture and 'failure'. I tried again several times before calling on the instructor for help. I repeated the procedure as described in the book and the instructor watched, again failure. When I had finished the teacher asked me how much the beaker weighed, I couldn't tell because I had never accounted for it's weight in my figures. After accounting for the beaker I got the correct result, the scale weighs everything not just what you want. The same is true for our less accurate bathroom scales.