Chrissyg18
Chrissyg18 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm new to myfitnesspal, but not new to trying to get healthy. I started, and I mean, really started my journey last June. I started out slow by trying to get into the groove of going to the gym as often as possible. I would go 6 days a week. I lost about 20 pounds before Thanksgiving, but have been stuck there ever since. I participated in my first 5K on Thanksgiving and have done another since then. I plan to do my third in May. I am not trying to reach long distances. I just want to increase my speed of the 5K and have them there to hold me accountable to my workouts!

I used sparkpeople a lot, and I really do like it, but the biggest thing about myfitnesspal is the ease of use! I can use it on my phone, which makes it so easy to record everything without having to wait until I get home. Yes, you could do that with sparkpeople, but I really find myfitnesspal to be so much easier to use!

I'm excited for this journey. I have about 52 more pounds to go to be at my healthy weight and I'm determined! Good luck to all of you and I look forward t the motivation/inspiration from you all!

Christine

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Welcome to the site Chrissyg18! I did the same exact thing you did..started running lost 23lbs and got stuck by Thanksgiving! On a positive note...I joined MFP on FEB 1 and have been able to move 7 more lbs. It's allowed me to be disciplined and really pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth and burning off through excercise! I love MFP and know you will, too! Welcome aboard!
This discussion has been closed.