newbie and trying not to be soo blondeeeeee lol

Options
Hi all i'm a newbie so please excuse dumb questions which may fly your way...
I'm now on day two in MFP and think i'm now getting the hang of things apart from i had a few cals left to use today(i plan ahead what im having for the day)and then i added my 40 mins walking and so now i have 450 cals left to use up,surely if i do this i wont be loosing my weight ???

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...you will still lose weight eating your excercise calories. MFP created a defecit for you based on the activity level you told them you have. Any excercise you do will only create a bigger defecit..which means that you can eat them or not. Just be cautious to keep your NET calories around 1200(its not exact) since that is what most people burn just laying in bed. The 1200 ensures proper calorie intake for energy levels as well as not slowing your metabolism down. There are tons of people on here who stopped losing weight when they ate less than 1200 calories but started losing again as soon as they upped the calories.

I personally stick around 1200 to 1300 calories and have been successful! I've lost almost 30 lbs since July(7 lbs since Feb) . I get so excited when new people join..this is the best site you can be on..welcome !