eating at night

Options
Its so hard for me to break this habit!! Does anyone else have this problem? I always go over my cals at night...ahhhh

Replies

• 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    when this happens make yourself a GIANT bowl of veggies =)
  • liloud
    liloud Posts: 2
    Options
    If i'm occupied, I don't, but if I'm just staring at the tv, then I always, always want to nosh. I'm trying very hard to pay attention to when I get this desire, and then get up and move away from the living room altogether. I find that if I give in just a little, I'll give in a whole lot.
  • Sadie55
    Sadie55 Posts: 3
    Options
    I L♥ve eating at night! But maybe you could have a bowl of cereal?
  • shuneault
    shuneault Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm a night eater too! I've switched to all 100 calorie (or less) snack packs, like a fiber one bar, yogurt cup, popcorn, etc. Vegetables are also a great way to feel full!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You can eat at night as long as it's part of your calorie goal. That is a myth. Now don't go have a huge meal and then lay down right after or anything like that. I've heard lowfat cottage cheese is a great nighttime snack. I have a glass of skim or 1% milk and my protein powder (230 calories) and I have lost weight, not gained. I will usually have this about an hour or two before bed.

We burn calories 24/7 and we burn fat while we sleep!! Having something high protein will help turn on the nighttime fat burning hormone.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You could try going to bed earlier; that's what I do when I start to get bored and want to nosh. Or turn off the kitchen lights completely - just shut it down and walk away, do something in another room. Not being able to see the kitchen has made a huge difference for me.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have just decided to accept the fact that I am going to eat at night. I watch my calories through the day so I am room for a snack at night.

Just yesterday I made sure to save calories for a junior whopper because I was going out to play pool with my husband.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I definitely do this...been trying to keep everything down during the day so I can eat in the evening. Maybe not the best strategy, though!

One thing that's great is mixing 8oz of fat free cream cheese with 2 cups Fage Total 0% plain yogurt. Add 1/2 cup of splenda, and blend together w/mixer. Separate into 6 equal portions (martini glasses are great!) IIRC the total calories for the Fage (240cal
    ) and nonfat cream cheese (240cal) mixture is 480 calories, so 80 cals each. Top with a few sliced strawberries and eaten slowly is pretty filling!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Lately I want to eat at night. When we eat is irrelevant, so night eating is not bad unless you have digestive problems or stomach problems, meaning laying down is a problem. I have just made sure that I shifted my calories and nutrients so I can have a nice snack around 9/10 PM and make sure to follow it with 20+ oz of water so I am satisfied. If you eat later than this I can't help you; I have heard of people who eat in the weee hours. Still it's a matter of knowing yourself and sometimes it's just a matter of will! After all, You' re trying to CHANGE your Lifestyle around food, and that takes WILL POWER, now and in the future, ESPECIALLY After you have reached your weight goals.

One of My favorite snacks is a slice of Butterfly Bakery Lemon Loaf Cake (120 Cal), topped with Sugar Free Fruit Cup(50 Cal) and Reddi Wip (15 Cal), Total: 185 Calories...sooo satisfying!