Flax crêpes/ wrap bread in minutes!

Options
heniko
heniko Posts: 796 Member
Crêpes are very popular in France where I live. But they can be fattening too. I make these since they are easy and quick!

Rough guess these are about 35cal per crêpe

makes 4

2 eggs, beaten (or use egg whites)
3 Tbs. flaxseed meal
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of any seasoning you want:onion powder, garlic powder, dried chives, chilli powder, Italian herbs, herbes de provençe, cinnamon, chai spices, pumpkin pie, gingerbread, etc
1 Tbs water (maybe little more)

Mix all the above ingredients together.Let set for about 5 minutes. It should be like thin pancake batter.If it gets too thick, then add some more water.

Now you can either dry fry these in a pan like you would any other pancake. About 1m on each side, then flip over to cook on the other side.

Or even simpler spread a couple of Tbs. on some parchment paper on a microwave safe flat plate and make a large circle pretty thin. You can even use the microwave plate that turns if you clean it very well. Microwave it for 1 minute or maybe 1m 30s.Then peel off.

Stuff as you like sweet or savoury then enjoy!

Trick - if you use almond milk or coconut milk instead of the water more calories but very interesting taste!

Replies

• nancymmorris
    Options
    I will be making these for sure!!! Thanks!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Yum! I am going to try these!
  • scopelk
    scopelk Posts: 43
    Options
    sounds yummy!!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome, thanks!
  • heniko
    Options
    bump
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in France too, in Rhone Alpes.

What is flaxseed meal called in french? I need to try to make these!
  • heniko
    Options
    farine de graine de lin. I grind my own in my coffee grinder Papillon using the whole seeds. Keep in the fridge for freshness.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'll look for it :)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heniko
    Options
    thanks! I'll look for it :)
    de rien Papillon!
  • katekentlaw
    Options
    PERFECT! Thank you!
  • heniko
    Options
    you are welcome!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    bump I need to use my flax seed meal and this looks like a good recipe to use some of it up on.
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    looks yummy
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I used your recipe this morning and enjoyed them. I put about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger in the mix. The first two crepes were runny and misshapen, but think the skillet just wasn't hot enough. I was dry frying them like pancakes. The other two turned out nicely - both were round and puffed. . After they were cooked, I added tablespoon of maple syrup on each and then topped with strawberry all fruit. Yum yum I will experiment with other favor combinations next time. Do you have any more flax meal recipes to share?
  • dutchjacky
    dutchjacky Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    definately gonna try these, thank you for sharing :)
  • NIKISOBA
    NIKISOBA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just tried these. Maybe I did something wrong, but they looked and tasted NOTHING like crepes. They were still pretty good, but they puffed up like pancakes. I put my sliced strawberries and powdered sugar on top and it was very similar to a gluten free strawberry shortcake, which was good, but it definitely wasn't crepes.
  • mufamuscles
    Options
    What a great idea, thank you for sharing!