Guzzle Guzzle

Options
2»

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I count water and tea. But I log everything other than water, including coffee and tea and the agave syrup I add.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I only count water I dont count coffee, soda or even milk

Oh and I do count the water I drink after a workout.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I count Green tea and water. Caffeinated tea i do not count though. Anything else I do not count as water.

And the gym I always count the 8-10 cups I drink there.

Green tea does contain caffeine! Personally I only count my water. I don't drink any sodas period, teas and things like that I just make mental note of as being extra on top of my goal for the day.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is a diuretic. If your drinking lots of it you're in incurring a "water deficit" so to speak. The boost you get from it is nice... no free lunch though.
    Caffeine is not a diuretic.

Just a quick search..."Recent research shows that this is not true and that caffeine only has a diuretic effect if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (or 4 to 7 cups of coffee) a day. "
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I count Green tea and water. Caffeinated tea i do not count though. Anything else I do not count as water.

And the gym I always count the 8-10 cups I drink there.

Green tea does contain caffeine! Personally I only count my water. I don't drink any sodas period, teas and things like that I just make mental note of as being extra on top of my goal for the day.

huh, i always thought it did not.. I asked my buddy to translate the box and he says it does, but it looks to be a lot less then coffee. I guess i will only count part of it as my water now. Thanks