Cellulite

ah yes the thing women dread so much..... I am only 24 and I have more cellulite on my legs and butt then my older sister who is also considerably larger than me, It frustrates me so much!!!! This is the thing I am most frustrated with, I am hoping some weight loss will help but I have also been looking at "treatments" that can be helpful I have found a few sites but am a little nervous so pay alot of money... and not get any change. Has anyone had treatments done for cellulite? Has it worked? If anyone has any Info I'd luv to hear it!!

Replies

• ah yes the thing women dread so much..... I am only 24 and I have more cellulite on my legs and butt then my older sister who is also considerably larger than me, It frustrates me so much!!!! This is the thing I am most frustrated with, I am hoping some weight loss will help but I have also been looking at "treatments" that can be helpful I have found a few sites but am a little nervous so pay alot of money... and not get any change. Has anyone had treatments done for cellulite? Has it worked? If anyone has any Info I'd luv to hear it!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I've tried mant different creams, none have worked,. Even when I dieted and weighed 122lbs and ran 6x a week /weights four days a week and was, as I call, my ultimate buff time (which is long gone now) I still had cellulite! Heredetary or genes are going to work against us as you can see by your sister who has less than you. Toning, being slimmer and a tan can hide the signs of cellunlite, but sorry girl....unless you spend the big bucks at an office (and by the way the cellulite comes back!) you, I and 80% of the female population will just have to suffer. Remember, even the ultra slim skinnies in the movie world have cellulite, it is not all related to weight and exersice.

A
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Its always so cruel when I see those magazines in the check out aisle pinpointed all of the celeb's cellulite...while I don't have a prob with cellulite, I do have stretchmarks despite being only maybe 30 or 35 lbs over my healthy weight, even though my sister, who was closer to 60 or 70 lbs over her weight barely got any stretchmarks at all. Genetics can be cruel, eh?
  • I know what you mean. I have seen some really BIG girls at work trying to wear a skirt but they have NO cellulite!!!!:mad: :grumble: :noway: I think working out does help eliminate it combined with coconut butter.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    ah yes the thing women dread so much..... I am only 24 and I have more cellulite on my legs and butt then my older sister who is also considerably larger than me, It frustrates me so much!!!! This is the thing I am most frustrated with, I am hoping some weight loss will help but I have also been looking at "treatments" that can be helpful I have found a few sites but am a little nervous so pay alot of money... and not get any change. Has anyone had treatments done for cellulite? Has it worked? If anyone has any Info I'd luv to hear it!!

I posted an article wipe out cellulite in 6 moves. You should read it. It's under exercises
  • My little girls both had a tiny bit of cellulite on their bums from a very early age and they were not plump especially (both premature, so titchy!) And i figured that if something so young and pure (no toxins/bad eating habits smoking/drinking etc clearly!) had it that it was just something we could do nothing about ultimately. I definitely have less the more toned I am, but its still there. Strangely, my Mum has none at all even when I used to weigh a lot less than her (10 years ago!) I always had loads more than her.......
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    My little girls both had a tiny bit of cellulite on their bums from a very early age and they were not plump especially (both premature, so titchy!) And i figured that if something so young and pure (no toxins/bad eating habits smoking/drinking etc clearly!) had it that it was just something we could do nothing about ultimately. I definitely have less the more toned I am, but its still there. Strangely, my Mum has none at all even when I used to weigh a lot less than her (10 years ago!) I always had loads more than her.......
    My 3 year old had it too. She started out growing it a few months ago.