Anyone using services of an online trainer?

Options
JJMS
JJMS Posts: 42 Member
I was considering hiring a trainer to help with my goals of figure competition goals and diet plans, of course I would be looking for one that is a figure competitor that offers a training service to individual clients out of state. Im not having any luck where I am now, that is why I was considering using someone online, by phone, etc, I know there are many out there that offer this, but Im curious has anyone ever hired a trainer using this method? And how did it work out?

Replies

• ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    *bump* I am considering the same. Let me know if you go for it and whether you like it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    bump , I am also curious
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    There are many trainers on MFP who are pretty helpful. If you can catch us, I think most will be happy to help. And the price is right. LOL
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was considering hiring a trainer to help with my goals of figure competition goals and diet plans, of course I would be looking for one that is a figure competitor that offers a training service to individual clients out of state. Im not having any luck where I am now, that is why I was considering using someone online, by phone, etc, I know there are many out there that offer this, but Im curious has anyone ever hired a trainer using this method? And how did it work out?

cathysavagefitness.com

She is the best in the business
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    about a year ago, I used one that was offered through my health insurance called somthing similar to a "wellness program." My experience was very positive. I had a 1 hour call per week for 6 weeks. We talked about everything from exercise to nutrition to dieting and ended each call with a discussion focused on goals - missed, achieved and long term.

It worked for me. I do not have the person's name anymore as it was a long time ago, however the experience was very positive. I would recommend you make sure it works for you, or that time will be wasted if nothing else.

Difference - in person motivation is immediately received through interaction. On phone or internet, the discussions need to be remembered when you leave the computer or telephone.