MELTING POT SUGGESTIONS???

Options
I am going to the Melting Pot tonight with some girlfriends for ladies night. The have a deal there that includes, A cheese fondue, a salad of choice and a chocolate fondue plus one beverage of choice. Please help I have never been there and need some guidance. I am kind of scared that I will screw my whole diet up with such rich foods. I know it is only w=one night but I still want to be careful.

Thanks

Replies

• melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I say for the cost of the food there, eat and not worry about it. The next few days make it up by working out a little more/harder than usual. Enjoy!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I went to the Melting Pot for my anniversary in January and enjoyed the entire Big Night Out meal split just between two people and I promise it didn't mess up my entire diet. :)

But if you're really concerned, send me your e-mail and I'll send you the nutritional info the restaurant sent me. It's still got the Big Night Out France on it, so if you're in an area that's changed to Big Night Out Mexico it'll be a bit out of date for those specific items.
  • spelman98
    spelman98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Let it be your free meal of the week. I wouldn't worry about calories at a place like that. You can cut back on any wine or alcoholic beverages if it will make you feel better :-). Just work out harder the rest of the week or add an extra workout day to your normal schedule. That is usually what I do to balance things out.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    go . . .eat . . .savor . . .enjoy . . .dip . . .drizzle . . . make our mouths water . . .you'll be okay, and it will be worth it.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I'm with Melissa, get an extra long work-out in and enjoy. You can make it a little better by choosing healthier dippers. For example, with cheese fondue use the cauliflower, carrots, and apples rather then the bread. And with the chocolate use fruit rather than cheesecake or brownies. Have a good time!
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the re-assurance everyone! I just didn't do so great in weight loss last week so I want to make sure I lose at least 1 1.5 lbs this week. I love this website it is the absolute best healthy lifestyle tool.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest to your girlfriends when you get there that ya'll go with one of the boullion or stock-based fondue pots rather than the cheese.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I say for the cost of the food there, eat and not worry about it. The next few days make it up by working out a little more/harder than usual. Enjoy!

I went there a few weeks ago, and I just made sure to exercise that day and get back on track the next day because i wanted to enjoy it. I did limit myself a little, I didn't want to go overboard but instead of eating all the bread with the cheese I just at the apples, etc. I also got the breast of chicken...it was delicious! Have fun!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If you want a frame of reference on calories, like I said, the Hubby and I did the Big Night Out France. Though, we both got the Caesar salad instead of the one in the BNO, since we love their Caesar.

So my meal was
    ½ of the Big Night Out Cheese fondue
    ½ bowl of bread (though we didn’t finish the bowl, the cheese ran out first. lol)
    ½ bowl of apples
    Caesar salad w/o dressing
    Lobster Indulgence plate with the Coq au Vin cooking style

That part of it was 1137 calories.

Dessert was the BNO Chocolate (Crème Brulee white chocolate) and my half of the dessert plate of dippers and dessert came to 605 calories.

So a grand total of 1742 for the entire meal. (the calorie info came straight from the restaurants nutritional info)
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So I had a fabulous time at the Melting Pot!!! I didn't go crazy but I also allowed myself to enjoy the food. I barely ever cheat like that so I thought I deserved it :)

Thanks Again ladies ;)