Eating troubles

Options
paul87920
paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
I've never discussed this with my doctor out of sheer embarrassment, but for the past 17 years I cannot eat a meal without vomiting. I'm not self-inducing. I've never wanted to. It tastes gross, has damaged my teeth, and gives me awful breath. I was allergy tested as a kid, and am allergic to quite a few things. I've been given every pill from Allegra to Zyrtec (none of which ever helped with food allergies), was told that I was ADD as a kid, and most recently bi-polar. I don't think there's anything wrong with me mentally unless it's circumstantial to being sick all the time. Anyone experience anything similar?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to say, but I feel like I should at least say...talk to a doctor. If you are too embarassed to talk to your own doctor, just schedule an appointment with someone new. A friend of mine just started dealing with this with her 3 year old son. He threw up from gagging on something once and now sort of makes himself throw up at almost every meal.
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do you cough a lot? My coworker was throwing up after eating and coughing alot and they discovered she has acid going into her lungs b/c her valve is not closing.
  • paul87920
    paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't really cough. It's weird too because it's not projectile. My body has warning when it's going to happen.