I need some lunch ideas please

Options
I am a stay at home mom who needs some lunch ideas. I am a picky eater with sensitivity to wheat, fruit and sugar. I do eat them just in small amounts. Thanks for the help.

Candie

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What is your cal and fat for a day? I have an Alli diet plan book I can see what is a in there.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken with salads...
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili with beans and peppers.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    SOme suggestions: Fruits, veggies, a light sandwich, salad, peanut butter on crackers or celery, soup, a piece of chicken, a smoothie, stir fry.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I eat a salad every day for lunch, but use different variations of some of the veggies, protein, and dressing.

The protein I most commonly use is grilled chicken breasts sliced thinly, shrimp, or hard boiled eggs. I typically go for oil based dressings as they are less calories than the cream based. This helps me get in all of my veggie servings per day as well.

Today Im really shaking it up though as I am having sliced chicken breasts with cucumber, tomato, and lettuce on the weight watchers whole wheat bread with a green pepper cut up on the side.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I made the fastest and most yummiest soup last night that I guess you can make in batches and freeze. I made it just for one for my lunch today.
    4oz of skinless chicken breast- grilled/baked
    2 cups of organic chicken broth, low sodium
    4oz of calabacitas, which is just a mexican squash
    I combined them all together and let them simmer, then I added 2 yellow corn tortillas at the end for a chicken tortilla soup.
    I topped it with lemon juice and some cilantro
    I forgot my avocado or else that would've been on there as well.
    I also blended mine because I don't like left over chicken so this helps with that. Oh the squash I didn't blen but I suppose you can. I put it on top at the end. :)
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I usually eat Tuna with Cottage Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette...put it in pita bread with some tomato and lettuce or eat plain. I know it sounds a little odd but it is totally yummy. I am a SAHM mom too and I keep another little girl during the week so I try to keep things simple!!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I put 3 quick recipes on my blog if anyone wants to check them out. One is for tilapia and the other 2 are salads...very low in cals, but yummy.:happy:
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat salads for lunches with chicken or ham and I mix up the vegies and the dressings.