Need advice!

Options
I'm trying to lose weight, i'm 17 years old had a baby 7 months ago and gained SOOO much weight after that. I am currently 213 lbs. and want to be 160-170 by July 1, 2011! Is this possible? Also I joined Anytime Fitness, I walk 30 minutes after school and then another 30 around 8 pm. I only eat 1200-1400 calories a day and burn around 350-500. What kind of results will I see with this? I mean week wise?

--Also success stories would help tremendously!

Replies

• witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? Because that can burn up to 300 calories a day alone. I don't know if it would be safe trying to lose that much weight in such a small time but just try to fit in any kind of exercise you can whenever you get a chance. It's hard being a new mom and finding the time. Just make sure your getting enough nutrients so that you don't burn out from the lack of sleep and trying to exercise.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For steady maintainable weight loss you should aim for 1 - 2lbs a week which most people can achieve eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day depending on fitness levels. If you are breastfeeding you will need to take in an extra 300 calories a day to make sure your body is able to produce enough quality food for your baby.

Cutting down your calories too much whilst looking after a baby will leave you exhausted and miserable - take your weight loss slowly and you will find that it stays off easier.

Good luck and look after yourself x