Upped my cals, need advice on how to eat more

Options
Ok so I'm trying to consume more calories. Currently I have about 800 left and that's with one more snack and dinner. Obviously I didn't prepare or else I would've consumed more of those cals for breakfast. Can you guys give me some ideas on how to consume about 1500 cals a day, or where I can add more. My diary is public so look if you need too. Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is abt 200calories per serving. u could try that as part of a snack with a piece of bread :flowerforyou:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Days I've been busy and am low in calories I tend to gravitate toward a few whole wheat crackers with natural peanut butter, incorporate some avacado in my salad at lunch or with dinner, or have a handful of nuts.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    have a look at my food diary - i eat at around 1600 a day and eat back plenty of exercise cals too. Now maintaining 98 lbs and its doing me no harm...still the same 5 weeks later. xxx good luck
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    good fats like nuts or avacado. liquids like natural juices
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you can also look at my dairy. lots of times i'm in the 1400-1500 range. My goal is 1200, but I eat back some of my exercise calories too....
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Are you really drinking up to 20 glasses of water?

You may simply be too full of water to be hungry for food. LOL!

One thing that I would do is add about 1/2 cup of pistachios or a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter.

That will give you another 350 - 400 calories.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like to add peanut butter, whole wheat bread, olive oil to veggies/salads, cheese or avocado. My favorite is to eat apple slices spread with natural PB. 1 apple and 1 TB of smuckers natural is about 180 calories.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Proteins and Carbs are 4 calories per gram. Fats are 9 calories per gram. In order to get more calories in your diet when you feel very full eating "clean", sometimes you need to reintroduce healthy fats back into your diet, like Avocado and nuts.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I just glanced at your diary, drop the low fat/non fat and go for the full fat items. Eat the egg yolk, not just the whites. Have some real cream in your coffee :drinker: Have some nuts or seeds. That would be the easiest way to add some healthy cals without adding a bunch more food.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Are you really drinking up to 20 glasses of water?

You may simply be too full of water to be hungry for food. LOL!

One thing that I would do is add about 1/2 cup of pistachios or a couple of teaspoons of peanut butter.

That will give you another 350 - 400 calories.
    Lol. Yes!!!! I usually have about 48oz the first hour I'm at work. I have 64 for sure once I'm home. One 32oz cup with dinner and the other slowly adding up before bed. So yes, it all in the end adds up to about a gallon of water a day!!! For me water is the easiest thing to incorporate.
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just glanced at your diary, drop the low fat/non fat and go for the full fat items. Eat the egg yolk, not just the whites. Have some real cream in your coffee :drinker: Have some nuts or seeds. That would be the easiest way to add some healthy cals without adding a bunch more food.
    I do use real cream in my coffee but the others I don't. So I'll have to try this. Thanks.