Diet Pills?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm very very VERY new to this site! I was wondering if any of you take any diet pills? I've never tried them before but I was just curious. :tongue:

Replies

• TiffanyDollface
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm very very VERY new to this site! I was wondering if any of you take any diet pills? I've never tried them before but I was just curious. :tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Well, first off, Welcome! glad you could join our little world. :smile:

So this is an issue that some of us Vetrans have seen come up many times on this site. From experience, and research, this is my own personal take.
    Beside the fact that you don't need em in 99% of the cases, some of them have some pretty serious side effects, some just plain gross, others harmful, and everything in between. If you are considering something like that, IMHO you should probably ask yourself why, then consult with a doctor, then consult with another doctor then write all the reasons down, then remind yourself that for them to work you have to eat right and exercise (it says it right on the instructions on almost all of them), and if you're going to do that anyway, why use the pills? Add to all that the fact that the majority of people who take a "diet" pill gain that weight plus 10% back after they stop taking them and I think you will find a pretty compelling argument not to take them.

here are some articles from mayoclinic about this subject:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/HQ01160

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-drugs/WT00013

Best luck to you.

-banks
  • TiffanyDollface
    Options
    Thank you so much =D I've been contimplating taken them for a while now. I had my son back in Feb & apparently I still eat like i'm pregnant! Which is my problem. I thought the weight would fall off like it does with everyone else but in my case, it hasn't.

Thank you for those articles, i'm going to read them now!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    First, WELCOME GIRLIE!!!

I just posted this response to someone else here...So hope you don't mind me pasting here.

My 2 cents...

I know too many people who start these with the following outcome:

- take diet pills, lose weight for whatever occasion and it all comes back after the event

- take diet pills end up sick and even worse off health wise

- take diet pills end up going nutting in the head with out of control eating and end up not taking them spending wasteful money on something they can't use

- take diet pills no change

- take diet pills per doctor, never change the patterns and food habits, lose a few pounds and precious time which could be spent working out with a nice walk each day, and changing a few eating habits

If they work for you great, but everything I do happens to come back to this...

My perfectly healthy happy smart husband got cancer without smoking, or doing anything wrong. Why add anything extra to my body that can up my chances of anything if a healthy guy can get sick that easily?

It might be slower, but post here, log, drink water, and go for a good stroll each day. You can so do this girlie! Just use the support and ideas here! :drinker: