Qestion about calories and sleeping in...

Options
I am a working college student and frequently pull all nighters. When my schedule allows, after all nighters I sleep in and miss bfast time. I am working to lose weight and eat 1200 calories a day. If I wake up late and miss a whole meal do I still eat 1200 calories? Or do I lower my intake because I was sleeping? Im not sure if this is a stupid question or not so be gentle... thanks :)

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You should still try to get in your 1200 calories minimum each day, no matter what your schedule is like.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    You eat your daily calories. If you aren't feeding your body, then your body has nothing to burn, and if it has nothing to burn, it will starve and store and store and starve.
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just try and eat all my meals like I normally do if that sounds right. Reguardless of what time I wake up I still have breakfast and so on just at diffrent times, If anything I cut out my snacks. Hope that helps some.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Since I have a pretty wonky schedule at times too, I broke up my food diary into 4 hour intervals midnight to 4am, 4am - 8am, 8 am to noon, noon to 4pm, 4pm to 8pm and 8pm to midnight. I still eat (or atleast tryto eat) all my calories. They may just not be at the same time most people would eat them.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eat them. I'm a night owl with a completely irregular schedule... breakfast is the first meal I eat, lunch the second, and dinner the third. I regularly eat breakfast between 2-4pm and dinner around 11-midnight... but I'm also up (and usually active) until about 4am. But that changes... some days I have stuff to do early and I'll eat at 11am for my first meal.... I count "days" in the time I'm awake to the time I go to sleep, instead of in 24 hour periods. My friend is on this system and just logs everything in one meal because it's easier for her irregular schedule, and lets the automatic 24 hour roll over do it's own thing, so her night food is usually on the next day. Wouldn't work for me, but it works for her just fine... experiment and see what works for you. :)