Options
2»

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Another thing:

If it's still cold where you are, as it is here:

Personally, I LOVE a half zip top! When it's cold out, you want to be a little bit chilly at the start of your run. Otherwise, you'll be WAY too hot 15 minutes into it. I love the half zip tops because you can adjust the zip while running to cool down a bit or warm up a bit.

A wind vest is also a great piece to own. There are a lot of days when it's too warm to wear the winter stuff, or at least your warmest winter stuff, but the wind is just killing you once you are sweaty. A wind vest is the perfect solution here!

Also for winter: Long-sleeved tops that have what looks like a pocket on the cuff. This pocket folds over into a mitten. LOVE! I used to carry gloves. You start off that chilly run wearing them and then you just have to take them off when you're getting warm! I lost a heck of a lot of expensive running gloves before I found these tops with the mitten cuff! You just roll them back when you warm up! GENIUS!

What brands are these items? Specifically the long-sleeved tops with pocket/mittens and the half-zip top???

Just about everyone makes half-zip tops. I have them from Hind, Nike, Moving Comfort, Sugoi and Champion.

The ones with the fold-over mittens: I have an ancient one from Moving Comfort (bought in 1999 ane still going strong!) and a newer one from Sugoi.

And my wind vest came from Moving Comfort. Again, I've had that about 10 years though.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I like Gore and Asics running clothes. They do some lose ones. It really makes a difference having clothes you feel comfortable in.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    great info here. moisture wicking is defintely the way to go. for 10 or so MFP male members on here I go thru www.kingsizedirect.com website and get my work out clothes there. they go from 1x-6x and also tall versions too.