Chocolate!

Options
I am having a really and I mean really bad (like a chain smoker needs a cigarette kinda bad) craving for chocolate!

I have always been of the belief that everything in moderation is fine so I had a peice of chocolate but that only made it worse. Any suggestions, substitues, advice?

Replies

• army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On my cheat day i might have a LITTLE chocolate. If you have been eating it for years then just dont cut yourself off all at once, that is never good. I guess just have a little chocolate when you crave it. Do not over do it, be careful and slowly come off of it.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 calorie packs of things to control portions and get that chocolate taste. Or the chocolates that are individually wrapped
  • ski3r4life
    ski3r4life Posts: 206
    Options
    I heart chocolate. Learning to savor food helps me, instead of just eating it when I'm stressed. If I eat chocolate when I'm stressed it's just not as satisfying as when I sit down to really enjoy it.
  • ldon37
    ldon37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the 100 cal packs. Hostess 100 cal packs choc cupcakes, Vitamuffin Deep Choc are satisfying and only 100 cals. The muffins are in the freezer section at the grocery store. Skinny cow ice cream, Weight Watchers ice cream (i like the dark choc/raspberry). Hmmm-maybe I am eating too much chocolate?! Honestly, I find if I allow myself a little planned something each day, I can stay on track. After all, this is a life change. Good luck!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love it, but its one of those foods that if i have a little, i always have to have a little more
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate 60 calorie Jello pudding cups! They take care of my craving every time!!!!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    VitaTops chocolate chip, or double chocolate chip, 100 calories of chocolately goodness! I have one almost every day....
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Freeze the chocolate! I have 3 Dove dark hearts almost every day... hafta!!!!! but freeze them... they last longer and melt in your mouth...

Dark or 85% cocoa too - Trader Joe's has a really good one... Valrhona le Noir extra Amer 85% Cacao.... yummy
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. I just bought Godiva dark chocolate truffles...190 calories for 4, but 1 or 2 are totally satisfying. Also, Skinny cow ice cream treats are DREAMY!

Don't give up the chocolate. Moderation is the key.
  • twentysixpointtwo
    Options
    fat free fudgesicles
    skim chocolate milk--especially after a work out
    sugar free hot chocolate

All do the trick for me! Sometimes if I'm craving a little dessert I'll have a square of Lindt Dark chocolate-the kind with orange and almond--yum :)
  • eakenna
    eakenna Posts: 1
    Options
    I allow myself one 60 percent cacao dark chocolate Ghiradelli square per day for a mere 53 calories. It's luscious and really satisfies my cravinng. Also, its the good for you anti-oxidant rich dark chocolate. (and even if you have a bad day and eat two, it,s not a bad choice if it keeps you from eating that big piece of chocolate cake at work.)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I agree with the vitatops....i get the sugar free velvety chocolate! Its like cake, but has only 90 calories and has vtamins in it!! I also have jello sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding with some cool whip, totally satifies my cravings. I have to have a "treat" every day or I would never succeed at this dieting thing!
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am also in love with chocolate as well and it is my biggest challenge!! I love dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, u name it I love it lol. But im trying eat these 60 calorie fudge bars to control my chocolate crave. So far they have been pretty good!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love milk chocolate so the dark chocolate doesnt do it for me...I discovered Nutella, its pretty low in cals, 1 tablespoon is 95 cals but its really satisfying, I spread it on low cal whole wheat toast and slice fresh strawberries on top for breakfast or for a snack I spread it on plain rice cakes. Be sure to measure it out and use your tablespoon measuring spoon, but it really satisfies my chocolate crave, which I have everyday :)
  • ZekeandKyliesMom
    ZekeandKyliesMom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! Sorry it took me so long to get back, no computer at home.

I had never thought about freezing it, that is a really good idea!

Usually I keep some in my desk so when I do have these cravings I can take care of it without denying myself and binging on it later but yesterday was just a bad day for me, thankfully I had done really good with my food the rest of the day and my exercise calories I earned allowed me to indulge a little without destroying my day completely.
  • Lasa797
    Lasa797 Posts: 13
    Options
    I just discovered these dark chocolate chili chipotle bars at Sunflower market. The other night when I was having a craving I took one square of chocolate and scooped up some chunky peanut butter. I let that melt in my mouth to make it last longer. Delicious!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If I have dark chocolate in the house, it takes 2.2 seconds for it to disappear. That is one of the few things I have no will power on. Milk chocolate and any other "chocolate" I could leave alone...until... I found chocolate graham crackers. 2 full sheets are 140 cals. Add a thin swipe (tsp or less) of peanut butter or whipped cream cheese.... Another thing to add to my DO NOT BUY list.
  • cath1503
    cath1503 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love chocolate also but have found that having a chocolate biscuit like a 2-finger kitkat or a rocky bar is just enough to curb the cravings and they are average out at about 105 calories so easy to work into your allowance.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate all the way! at least 50% cacao for me :)