For all you with tattoos!!

Options

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have a mickey mouse on my left foot on the inside of the heel. It's just the third solid black circles that make up the basic mickey mouse head with some purple and green around it to make it pop. I've been to Disney world 9 times (and counting!) and it truly reminds me of when I was a kid and when things were so simple and I had this vision in my head that my family was perfect and nothing could ever go wrong. I absolutely adore it! I also want a fleur di lis on the back of my neck because my mom, who is by far my best friend, and I both are obsessed with them!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have:

A red and black nautical star on the middle of my upper back for a friend who passed away and those were his favorite colors.

Right shoulder blade - Red headed angel with a cowboy hat, boots and rope riding a star for my brother who died in 2005.

Right shoulder - Pink shooting stars

Right forearm - My son's name Jasper Griffin, his astrological sign, Scorpio and 12 stars for the day he was born.

Left wrist - Pink and black kinda of geometrical stars

Top left of my arm ( to start my sleeve) - Dia de los muertos sugar skull.

I want full sleeves, chest piece, back and feed done.

I'm also getting my grandfathers dog tag number down my side. Because he's the most awesome man I know. <3
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I got map of NFLD on my ankle.. cause I'm a newfie!!
    Lower back is a tribal butterfly.. matching both my sisters
    Wrist is my sons name chinese
    Left shoulder is Libra sign .. cause Im a libra!
    and Right shoulder is Playboy bunny... shows my sexy side!!
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've got 4. 1 on my hip, shooting stars. It was my first one, has no real meaning. I just thought it'd look nice, hah.
    One of the others is a.. Only way to put it, a symbol of devotion to the Red Queen from Alice In Wonderland on my arm, just below my elbow. This one actually has meaning! It was my favourite childhood film, I love the Red Queen, she's totally crazy. It's my way of remember not everything was always this bad. Life has high points & I need to think of that instead of being depressed all the time. Makes me think of when my parents were together, how happy I was. It's my inspiration to myself to bring back the fun-loving me.
    The last two are matching stars, one on each hand between my thumb & first finger. My favourite band is Green Day, they helped me through some of my lowest points in my teens. Billie Joe [lead singer] has a star on his wrist but I didn't want to do it the exact same as him, so I put one on either hand.

I've got 4 more planned for this year. A matching one for the White Queen on the other arm, KAZ 2Y5 on my left wrist & a anti-posession symbol on my left breast. Both of which are from a show called Supernatural, I've been in love with it for a year now, I've met many amazing people because of it. Some of which I'm meeting this year. They've helped me focus on the brighter things in life, kept me sane. The last is an add-on to one of the stars on my hand. Just a swirly design wrapping around my hand/wrist.

Sorry to ramble! I have/going to get a lot haha.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I have always LOVED stars and moons, even as a child they are what I doodled on my notes and homework for school. The sky and nature are just stunning to me. The Moon was my first one and we (me and the artist) chose my low back because I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome- a lack in connective tissues, and we figured it was the toughest skin and easy to hide if my skin tore. My second was the shooting star on my right ankle. And my most recent one (3 years ago) is ABC because I am a teacher and I have a huge passion for children and being an important part in their lives. I designed them all and the artists perfected them. Once I reach goal I will get a stargazer lily (which symbolizes ambition) on my shoulder blade. Love them all and, yes they are addicting! haha
    moontattoo.jpg
    startattoo.jpg
    abctattoo.jpg
  • LittleBuddy13
    LittleBuddy13 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    These are sum Ive done on clients...Im getting my leg worked on today Im soo excited and its addicting:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=688357061&aid=144903
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have 4 (well technically 5)! I have a star wih my name below it on my hip, I have 3 lizards on my lower back, I have a cross between my shoulder blades, and a have orange and black stars on both sides on my ribs!

I doubt I'll ever get any more, my husband is not so much into tatoos!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have a yellow tulip on my left shoulder. I love it! I got it a few years after my mom passed away; she used to plant yellow and red tulips in flower beds in the front yard every year, then cut them and put them in skinny vases all over the house.

My next one is going to be another tulip (probably red), hopefully on my ribcage (after I get to my goal weight, lol). My brave little sister just got her first tattoo, a tulip on her ribcage, and squeezed the hell out of my hand! So I'm kind of nervous to do the same, but it looks soooo good!
  • Beth_1217
    Beth_1217 Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, so many unique and beautiful tats!

I just have one on my left wrist... it's a lotus flower with my brother's initials under it. He passed away 8 years ago. Any time I'm feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, etc I look at it and remember to breathe.... life is too short to waste on negative energy. :flowerforyou:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have 4..and hope to get more. (oh that rhymed!)

First One - Baby Turtle on my lower right leg close to my ankle
    468153947_l.jpg

Second One - "Courage and Healing". It's a memorial tattoo for my sister who was killed by a drunk driver. This was her first tattoo that we got together (when I got my baby turtle she got this one) and it was a very significant to her when she was alive and now has a whole other meaning for me after her passing. This one is on my calf on my left leg.
    l_6311ec50fef28bc34a9d38d0588aa104.jpg

These two are pretty much the same. They are my astrological sign (Aries/ram) and my sisters sign (Scorpio/scorpion)
    They are located 1 on each wrist.

l_7d58e8cfd7a65a4478a842aef48ebd69.jpg

l_3d02293cf735033ff67dad8acea9b7-1.jpg
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    These are sum Ive done on clients...Im getting my leg worked on today Im soo excited and its addicting:)

Very nice!
    Uh yeah, pretty sure I am really itching for another!!!!!!!! I am 15-20 lbs from goal... SO MAYBE this summer! lol
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have always LOVED stars and moons, even as a child they are what I doodled on my notes and homework for school. The sky and nature are just stunning to me. The Moon was my first one and we (me and the artist) chose my low back because I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome- a lack in connective tissues, and we figured it was the toughest skin and easy to hide if my skin tore. My second was the shooting star on my right ankle. And my most recent one (3 years ago) is ABC because I am a teacher and I have a huge passion for children and being an important part in their lives. I designed them all and the artists perfected them. Once I reach goal I will get a stargazer lily (which symbolizes ambition) on my shoulder blade. Love them all and, yes they are addicting! haha

My sister has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. She was soo worried that would prevent her from getting a tattoo, lol. She did great, though!
  • ravenla
    ravenla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    at the time me and my husband got married i wanted children but we knew at that moment we really could not afford it. and we still cant so i went get a heart shaped tat on the top of my right foot in memory of my unborn children always walking the path with me thru my present life.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Wow, so many unique and beautiful tats!

I just have one on my left wrist... it's a lotus flower with my brother's initials under it. He passed away 8 years ago. Any time I'm feeling overwhelmed, frustrated, angry, etc I look at it and remember to breathe.... life is too short to waste on negative energy. :flowerforyou:
    Absolutely! Very moving!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have a chest plate. Two swallows and a night sky with negative stars in the background. The swallows are in remembrance of my Mother and Grandmother who passed and the night sky represents my father who passed away just this last June. I have two more tattoos. One btween my shoulders, its a skull that the last one is an eye that I drew in highschool. It was my frist and its on my right shoulder. I plan to get many more. I just had my frist baby at 36 years old last year and I wan to get his name in my arm and I want nautical stars on the insides of my wrists.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I will be getting 2 3/4 sleeves. Left arm is Japanese flowerbed(dedicated to my grandmother) and on my right arm it will be the Incan time calender(dedicated to my mother.)

At each end of both sleeves there will be a 1/2 in black bar the whole way around both.
  • ravenla
    ravenla Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean??
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

My sister has Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. She was soo worried that would prevent her from getting a tattoo, lol. She did great, though!
    Small world! I wish I knew more people with it ( not that I want people to have it but to have people to talk to...my mom has it). I have the type that only effects the skin and joints so that is lucky. I know there are a couple areas I would not be able to tattoo... but it's fine! I am flexible. :-D
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

fantastic!! wow :D
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I belong to a Lakota Women's Society (Katala Okolakiciye Winyan). Most of us have a turtle tatto. Mine is stylized into a dream catcher/medicene wheel. My family members who served in the military are honored by having their initials incorporated into the hoop portion of the medicene wheel.