A buddy to help for someone who has tried a million times?

Options
Hi,

I have done everything....weight watchers, food delivery, you name it. I know exactly how to count calories, I know what I need to do to lose weight. I do it well, for a week or so, then I slide back into the same lifestyle...eating what I want, drinking wine, etc etc.

I need to make a change. I need to do this...I'm so sick of being this FAT and not wanting to do things because of it. But I don't know why it is so hard for me to give up the eating and drinking I do now.

Anyone in this same boat, and really want to commit to doing this, THIS time?

Help!!

Replies

• finallylean
    finallylean Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Have you incorporated working out into your weight loss plans? Weight loss is not just about what you eat. You will not be successful until you add exercise into your routine. Try doing some weight lifting. Muscles burns fat. By adding exercise to your routine, you won't need to stress so much about satisfying that craving you get here and there.
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    You can buddy me, i've tried 1000 times before, but i've been on mfp since feb 5th and decided this is definately the last time i will lose weight,
  • jmmbc
    jmmbc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!! Once again I am giving it my all!
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'd love to be your cheerleader/checker-upper! MFP is a great place to meet some wonderful people in the same boat as you.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Been there done that. Thanks for reaching out. I am more than willing to help but first things first. This can't be about diet. This HAS to be about changing your lifestyle. You have to want it bad enough to make the committment to do this. There are many supportive features and people on this site that are more than willing to help, but you have to want to do this badly enough, because at the end of the day, you have to be accountable to you and no one else. I started this journey almost 6 months ago. I recognize that I have had and wil have a weight problem for the rest of my life, and have committed to becoming the best me that I can. I am not always perfect, and I stumble but I pick myself right back up and move forward. Remember to incorporate exercise into your lifestyle. Start out small with your goals and celebrate every milestone and victory. Increase your goals and I think you will see tremendous change. Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like, but you have to take the first step! Commit!
  • annebuta
    annebuta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do work out - a lot, actually. I've been hiking, skiing, or going to the gym pretty much every chance I get since the summer. So I feel like underneath the fat, I'm probably in really good shape :-)

What I need to do is control my eating....it is a embarrassing that I can't get it together with how active I really am, but it just that I love good food and I love wine and I love beer and when I am being social, I find it really hard to make "good" choices!!

Thanks for the support already! I'm heading to the store to get some healthy foods to have around here. Tomorrow I start logging and really holding myself accountable.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I saw this written on someone's profile once. It's rough, but it's true.
    "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard."
    I try to think of that everytime I'm tempted to indulge.
    You can do this! Good luck to you!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Honey this is sthe 1,456,458,752,124........ time I've tried to lose weight. This time around I'm doing things completely different, because what I've done in the past CLEARLY hasn't worked for me.

I'll be your weight loss buddy! You can do this!!!