Should I eat my workout calories?

Options
I get 1200 calories a day. If I do 30 minutes of moderate walking, it credits be 136 calories. Do I eat those calories? When I was on Weight Watchers, you could eat your activity points if you wanted to, but now that I'm counting calories, I'm just not sure! Thanks!

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Your calorie goal is just based on how much your body BURNS given your activity level MINUS 500 calories per pound you want to lose on a weekly basis. The deficit is already built in. If you BURN extra calories, you should eat them.

It's the same concept as weight watchers.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have been and I've been losing!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat the exercise calories. 1200 isn't enough for a day.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You got me with that one!!!:laugh:
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always eat my exercise calories....hell...half the time they're my motivation to work out...means I get to eat more!!! YUM!!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options

Winner!!! :bigsmile:
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    yes and yes!
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    I just added this question to my post:

Q: Ok..please help me out!!! I have 1530 calorie intake goal...if I work out and burn 300 calories...should I eat 1830 calories to lose...or should I be below 1830...I'm confused...

I'm still confused.. how am I gonna lose weight if I workout and then eat those calories...I'm sooooo new at this...
  • DonaB64
    DonaB64 Posts: 8
    Options

Good one! :tongue:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    I just added this question to my post:

Q: Ok..please help me out!!! I have 1530 calorie intake goal...if I work out and burn 300 calories...should I eat 1830 calories to lose...or should I be below 1830...I'm confused...

I'm still confused.. how am I gonna lose weight if I workout and then eat those calories...I'm sooooo new at this...
    When you set your goals, MFP determines what your calories should be before exercise. If, for example, you set your weight-loss goal at the recommended one pound per week, that 1530 goal already has a deficit of 500 calories, meaning to maintain your weight, you'd need 2030 calories. So to keep that 500-calorie daily deficit, you eat any additional calories you burn working out. Hope that helps!