P90X

Options
Hello all,

I am new to this site and i am curious if there are any recent P90xer's. I am just completing month 2 of the Lean program. I am trying to figure out how to calcuate according to this site. Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Donna

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna... I did a soft start so I am currently in Phase 1 Week 1 ...
    I use a Body Media to estimate the calories...
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, there are no p90x exercises in the database. I just made them as custom exercises and logged calories based on my heart rate monitor.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    I just started 2 days ago :) already sore.welcome to MFP you can request me if you like?
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    myself and my husband just finished our first week of phase 1 today and i use a hrm to log...i was quite shocked to find that there are no p90x exercises in the database
  • donnab88
    donnab88 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sounds like I need to get a HRM in order to be somewhat accurate. I always try to bring it but somedays you are off.
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I have started the diet last week, to get a comfortable start, and startet the workouts on Monday. So I am in Week 1 - Phase 1 on day 3 :)

I estimated the p90x calories with 600 for each workout. I thin I read that in some of the material.
  • donnab88
    donnab88 Posts: 22
    Options
    What is Body Media?
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Body Media is very similar to the Body Bugg. It measure how many calories you burn, how many steps you take, how many hours you sleep, etc :)
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do P90X also and wasn't sure how to track workout time since I just joined the MFP on Monday. I discussed with a friend of mine who referred me to this site & she said she'd record it as one hour of aerobics, so that's what I'm doing. I did an hour today (shoulders and arms).