FOOD Diary

Options
Can someone who knows about eating clean please check my diary and tell me how I am doing! Really appreciate it! Haven't received the book I ordered yet about eating clean =)

Replies

• JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What book did you order? :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on the "clean" eating but why is your daily goal set at 1000 calories a day? That is really too low for anyone.
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno
  • LOVEthighSELF
    Options
    Feel free to comment on the clean eating and not on my caloric intake. Thank you.
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    31 lbs lost is great- must be doing something right.
  • LOVEthighSELF
    Options
    Thanks Pudge =)
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm very familiar with Tosca's clean eating diet and a big fan. Less of a "diet" than a healthy way of eating. That said, you're doing pretty well recently, but your calories on some days were way too low and 1,000 is low for a daily goal unless you're a real shorty. :)

Suggestions for improvements (other than calorie levels) only because you asked:
    Toss the frosted flakes and opt for steel cut oatmeal (or Post Shredded Wheat 'n Bran cereal ... or Kashi Go Lean).
    Swap your regular pasta for whole wheat or at least, high fiber.
    Toss the saltine crackers and opt for a very high fiber, whole grain cracker.
    TWix? Enough said .. LOL
    Substitute Yoplait's yogurt with nonfat Greek yogurt and add your own fresh fruit to it (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.).
    Shortbread cookies? Hot dog and white bun? French Friends? Those are not in line with the clean eating approach.
    Langer's 20% juice -- try a piece of fresh fruit and a glass of water.
    I won't even comment about the 19th, except that I applaud you for tracking but wish you'd eat much more of a volume of fresh, whole foods.

If you have any questions, message me. Good luck! I applaud your goal of making your diet healthier. :)
  • LOVEthighSELF
    Options
    I'm very familiar with Tosca's clean eating diet and a big fan. Less of a "diet" than a healthy way of eating. That said, you're doing pretty well recently, but your calories on some days were way too low and 1,000 is low for a daily goal unless you're a real shorty. :)

Suggestions for improvements (other than calorie levels) only because you asked:
    Toss the frosted flakes and opt for steel cut oatmeal (or Post Shredded Wheat 'n Bran cereal ... or Kashi Go Lean).
    Swap your regular pasta for whole wheat or at least, high fiber.
    Toss the saltine crackers and opt for a very high fiber, whole grain cracker.
    TWix? Enough said .. LOL
    Substitute Yoplait's yogurt with nonfat Greek yogurt and add your own fresh fruit to it (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.).
    Shortbread cookies? Hot dog and white bun? French Friends? Those are not in line with the clean eating approach.
    Langer's 20% juice -- try a piece of fresh fruit and a glass of water.
    I won't even comment about the 19th, except that I applaud you for tracking but wish you'd eat much more of a volume of fresh, whole foods.

If you have any questions, message me. Good luck! I applaud your goal of making your diet healthier. :)

Thank you!!!