HELP, HELP!!!!!

Options
:explode: I've been on MFP for a month now, and all I've lost is 1lb. I try to stay close under, or close to my calories. I walk every night, sometimes twice a day. Depending on my schedule. I just starting riding my bike again. I can lose an inch, but not a pound. WHAT I'm doing wrong?
Someone please help!!! :grumble:

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    you should make your logs public. people will be able to help you out a little more :)
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you should make your logs public. people will be able to help you out a little more :)

i was about to say the same thing :-)
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You may be eating things with too much sodium and be retaining a lot of water weight
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your calorie intake and how much exercise you do. I can't see how much you set your calorie intake a day to be, but from what I learned using MFP you need at least 1200 calories a day.

When you exercise, it adds onto how many calories you can consume that day, try to stay somewhat close to what you burned off. If you intake too few calories, your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose anything.

I've had MFP for a few days now and I stay close to however many calories a day I can have. I also drink more water than anything and I try to have 4-5 smaller meals a day, whether its a full breakfast, or just a granola bar. It keeps your metabolism up and running.

Hope this helps!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to make your log public if you want constructive feedback; however, based on your statement I have to wonder if you are eating enough. If you are burning calories each day but still only eating the base number of your original allowance, you may not be eating enough to keep your body adequately fueled for the day. Check out the links in my signature for more on the controversial subject of eating your exercise calories. :tongue:
  • Bambin74
    Bambin74 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you modified your diet and suddenly started exercising at the same time, you could be gaining muscle while losing fat. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same (obviously!), but the pound of fat takes up 5 times the amount of space. Keep paying attention to what you eat and keep moving, and the weight will probably melt off once you've stabilized your body composition! Kudos to you for staying on MFP for a month!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    How long are your walks? How many miles do you go? Are you breaking a sweat and is your heart rate up? Are you also drinking enough water and monitoring what you eat at night before bed time? Love to see your log as well!
  • lilrdbrrn66
    lilrdbrrn66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I didn't realize my daily journal was private. I made it public now. So maybe someone can look at it and see what I'm doing wrong. I drink ice tea, and water. but i don't count the tea on my diary.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Just took a quick walk through and previous poster’s suspicions are correct. You are eating less than 1200 calories on most days. One day I looked at, you were nearly 600 calories short. There is no wiggle room when you are trying to eat 1200 calories a day. At that low of an intake, being consistently under is detrimental to weight loss.

Read through this post and I think it might become clearer: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173853-an-objective-look-at-eating-exercise-calories
  • Nogo
    Nogo Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can more closely monitor your sodium by going to Settings -> Diary Settings and have it show what you are consuming for sodium...
  • Godsjewel
    Godsjewel Posts: 13
    Options
    Shell,
    dont' get discouraged, I have only lost 2 pounds, inches are better than pounds...just keep it going ok!!! keep doing what you are doing it will all come together i promise ok!!! :wink:
  • Godsjewel
    Godsjewel Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm making my profile open, this is scaring me, but I need help guys too!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I found the same, but everyone says I have lost weight. I haven't really (well 4lbs), but I look totally different, I have lost 2 inches from round my bust 1.5 from my waist and 2.5 off my hips. It's not about weight, it's about how you look. Take a photo of yourself today, then in another month take another in the same clothes and see if there's a difference, that is more honest than scales. My weight can fluctuate by 8lbs across the month by water retention.