Morning snacking...

Options
I have a wierd situation. I find my self eating about every 90 minutes to 2 hours in the morning hours but once I hit lunch I am good till dinner. Here is a typical day:

Get up around 5:00
Eat a bowl of cereal around 6 am
kellogs protien meal bar around 8am
a 90 calorie snack around 10am
lunch around 11:30
Dinner around 6pm

By noon, have typically eaten about 900 calories.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What kind of cereal are you eating in the morning? Something fiber-filled should keep you lasting a bit longer. All I normally have at breakfast (around 7am) is a 50-calorie fiber one yogurt, and that oddly fills me until about 11:30. Drinking loads of water should fight off some of your hunger pangs.. sometimes your body 'thinks' it's hungry, so you automatically eat, but it's really just thirsty! good luck!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Try adding some protein for breakfast it will help you stay full longer. I usually buy egg beaters and cook them in the microwave at work.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: There's absolutely nothing wrong with packing more calories into the morning hours. It's actually better for weight loss becuz it gives your body all day to burn it off. One of my bff's told me to eat like a king for bfast, prince for lunch, and pauper for dinner. She's lost 17 lbs so far :-) Hope that helps
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would say get rid of the protein bar and the 90 calorie snack I would steam a bunch of veggies and take them with you and put some balsamic vinegar on it and garlic for flavor. You can eat tons of this stuff and not get very many calories at all. You also might try apples or having oatmeal for breakfast.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot in the morning too, but tend to keep things higher in protien and fiber. I'll have a hard boiled egg or string cheese around 7, high fiber oatmeal around 8:30, a banana around 10, then some triscuits around 11. Lunch at 12.

Maybe opt for smaller calorie snacks (aren't those special K bars over 200 calories?) that are high in protien.
  • ClaireElizabethM
    Options
    It is a good thing to eat every:drinker: two to three hours. Try eating a higher protein and complex carbohydrate at breakfast(around 300 calories) and then in a couple hours have a carbohydrate/protein snack (around 150 calories). This should satisfy you until your lunch where you should have another 300 calorie meal. I never go more than 2.5 hours without eating. If you just want to snack try some fruity sugarfree gum. There is so many new flavors out there that make you think you're eating a treat. Hope that helps!