Don't want to wear a tent!!

Options
Hi, my name is Regina. I have had a weight problem most of my life. At least since I had my children. Before I turned 40, I was determined not to enter my 40s weighing over 200 lbs. Well, I did it. I weighed 180 on my 40th bday. Then I went back to my old ways. Now I am about to be 50 in a little less than a year and I'm way over 200 again. My son is getting married in September and I refuse to buy a huge tent dress to wear! My goal is to at least be under 200 by then, hopefully around 180 again. I definitely want to weigh 180 or less by my birthday. I'm so happy to have found this site. I have been working on eating right and getting more exercise. I'm down about 15 lbs since before Christmas. I'm so looking forward to tracking my food and exercise and being motivated with a visual of my results as well as supporting and getting support from members.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I support you, whole-heartedly!! WELCOME TO MFP!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Well with motivation like that and the help of this site, I know that you can reach your goals!! Welcome and enjoy!!
  • jy348
    jy348 Posts: 2
    Options
    hey I am 25 and you are great inspiration! my goal is to change my ways now and get into a healthy bmi weight. I have watched so many of my family members struggle to change their eating habits too late in life.
  • kimberpet3015
    kimberpet3015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Regina, you can count on my support!!
  • Regina214
    Regina214 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and the support. I was on here a little while ago and got really motivated. I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill and then did some upper body weight training. I think I'm gonna like this site!:love: