Toning and building muscle

Options
Hey All!!
I am working out 3 times a week at the gym - cardio and weight training. I am wondering what is the best "recovery" drink for women so that I can help my muscles. Thoughts anyone...?

Replies

• spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I LOVE the P90X results and recovery formula. It can be ordered through Beachbody.com and I will tell you once I started drinking it I haven't had sore muscles the next day. It also taste like an orange push up ice cream
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I take Glutamine Powder and eat high protein after working my muscles hard. Helps with recovery!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I do jay robb. But you could do a think thin bar or something as well!
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try one serving of chocolate milk it is a great recovery drink. It has protien, carbs and calcium.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Try one serving of chocolate milk it is a great recovery drink. It has protien, carbs and calcium.

CHOCOLATE MILK!! cost effective and it works. there's lots of info/research on the internet, you can also search threads here for more info....don't waste your money on the other stuff...unless you're body building
  • Shyntrue
    Shyntrue Posts: 4
    Options

CHOCOLATE MILK!! cost effective and it works. there's lots of info/research on the internet, you can also search threads here for more info....don't waste your money on the other stuff...unless you're body building
    Does it have to be chocolate milk? Will regular skim milk work?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Does it have to be chocolate milk? Will regular skim milk work?

Recovery drinks need to be 4 parts sugar to 1 part protein, according to most research. Skim milk alone doesn't give you this which is why people add sugary chocolate to it.

Do you not like chocolate milk? :flowerforyou:
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    2 to 1 is also fine. carbs to protein. I use my protein powder + dextrose. post workout.

its not really wasting money on "the other stuff". how cheaply can you have a choccy milk?

dont know about you guys, but my protein powder comes in 150 serves for abouit 140 bucks. pretty cheap.
  • Shyntrue
    Shyntrue Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks! I do like chocolate milk, but I didn't know why it was better.