Hate Spinach? This might change your mind

Options
Levedi
Levedi Posts: 290 Member
Feta Spinach and Shrimp

This recipe is so good and so easy I had to share it.

(serves 4)

10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 C mayo
1/4 C feta cheese
1 T parmesan, grated
1 clove finely minced garlic
dash of black pepper
lemon zest to taste (1-3 little strips off a lemon rind - don't get the white pulp. Or sub lemon seasoning or lemon juice.)

cooking spray
24 shrimp, raw and deveined
lemon zest (1-3 little strips)

Mix the spinach with the first set of ingredients. (Not the shrimp.) Set aside. Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray. (or use a touch of olive oil.) Add garlic, lemon zest and shrimp. Saute on high about 2 minutes.

Add spinach mix to pan. Cook until shrimp is pink and spinach is thoroughly heated through. (About 4-6 minutes depending on your burners.) The feta will semi-melt. It won't be like cheddar though. Don't over cook the shrimp.

Serve 6 shrimp to each person. Can be served over pasta or as a dish on its own. Including prep time this takes about 15 minutes to make so its a great dish for when you want something tasty, but don't have time to cook.

You can use reduced fat mayo and feta to lower the calories further, but this is already pretty healthy at 318 cal per serving.

Replies

• Brucifer55
    Options
    I'm going to cook this tomorrow for my wife. But...lots more garlic if you please.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    This sounds great. I plan to make this next week for sure!!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanx for sharing, looks like a winner!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Feta Spinach and Shrimp

This recipe is so good and so easy I had to share it.

(serves 4)

10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1/4 C mayo
    1/4 C feta cheese
    1 T parmesan, grated
    dash of black pepper
    lemon zest to taste (1-3 little strips off a lemon rind - don't get the white pulp. Or sub lemon seasoning or lemon juice.)

cooking spray
    24 shrimp, raw and deveined
    lemon zest (1-3 little strips)

Mix the spinach with the first set of ingredients. (Not the shrimp.) Set aside. Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray. (or use a touch of olive oil.) Add garlic, lemon zest and shrimp. Saute on high about 2 minutes.

Add spinach mix to pan. Cook until shrimp is pink and spinach is thoroughly heated through. (About 4-6 minutes depending on your burners.) The feta will semi-melt. It won't be like cheddar though. Don't over cook the shrimp.

Serve 6 shrimp to each person. Can be served over pasta or as a dish on its own. Including prep time this takes about 15 minutes to make so its a great dish for when you want something tasty, but don't have time to cook.

You can use reduced fat mayo and feta to lower the calories further, but this is already pretty healthy at 318 cal per serving.
    MMMM Thanks can't wait to taste this one going to grocery now just for this!!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cook this tomorrow for my wife. But...lots more garlic if you please.

Absolutely! I'm a big garlic fan, but my family only likes it in moderate amounts. If you like garlic too I'd say add another 2-3 cloves. It will dominate the flavor balance more, but should still be tasty. (I'm assuming nice fat cloves here, not the skinny ones you get sometimes.)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    This was soooo good! Just wanted to let you know and thank you for the recipe!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

All of my favorite ingredients..always looking for new things to do! My recent standby is boneless skinless chicken breast stuffed with steamed spinach, goat cheese and red onion. While I love it, I don't want to get tired of it. You just gave me something new to try so thank you!