Only One Pound

Options
Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
    So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    that's so true:laugh: thanks for posting it and great job on 10:smile:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Point CLEARLY taken!:angry:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I love it! How true! Thanks for posting it! Heck, I'm happy to lose 1/4 of a pound! A loss is a loss! Happy Friday!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome.... a pound is a pound... remember that please.
    Don't get mad at yourself. 1 less pound to worry about... right???????!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

BTW, thanks Kristen:flowerforyou:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I guess I should be more careful how I respond to things...
    I lose one pound a week and my mother is on the same plan as me and does less exersize and she loses on average about 3 lbs a week...
    :noway: That is the only reason it is frustrating to me...
    Oh yes...I am happy that one pound is gone!!!!
    I just wish I had the same results.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Very true Jo Jo!!! :) Thanks girl!!

I used to get caught up in needing to lose a lot....just because I WAS losing so much, but then again I started at 270, so of course my body will burn the lbs off faster THEN than now. So, instead of being upset at "only a pound"....I just picture what a lb of butter looks like and then picture that OFF my body!! :wink: :laugh:
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Joanna, that really hits home I tend to minimize what I want to lose but every pound extra contributes to my body not being in the condition to do some of the things I want to do.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I love shows like The Biggest Loser, but they tend to give viewers an unrealistic goal for a short term basis. If you lost 10 pounds in a week unsupervised, you are most likely either going to get sick or gain it all back. Slow and steady wins the race!:smile:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Too true! Focus on One pound at a time!!! Eventually it will add up!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome guys!
    Every pound counts!!!!... Never say "only a pound?... UGH!!! "... It should be "A pound!! Oh yeah baby!!!!"

1 pound closer to being a healthier YOU!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joanna!! And you are looking great as always!
    :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    GREAT post! And TamTastic, FABULOUS tool for imagery! 1lb of butter!! I'm definitely using that.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    You are very welcome:bigsmile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks Joanna!! And you are looking great as always!
    You're too sweet:blushing:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to hear today!! Thanks!:flowerforyou:

One pound of butter off at a time!! :wink:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Very true Jo Jo!!! :) Thanks girl!!

I used to get caught up in needing to lose a lot....just because I WAS losing so much, but then again I started at 270, so of course my body will burn the lbs off faster THEN than now. So, instead of being upset at "only a pound"....I just picture what a lb of butter looks like and then picture that OFF my body!! :wink: :laugh:

Just what I needed to hear:drinker: one pound of butter I'll keep that in mind.

Mary:heart:
  • kitty6
    kitty6 Posts: 24
    Options
    That's great!!
    I have to admit I'm one of those people that do say " Only a pound after all the hard work I've done all week"..
    Well, there will be no more of that, I'm going to take any and every pound I can get:tongue:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    A teeny reminder :flowerforyou:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options