Short Ladies

Options
12346»

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    wow. I can't believe this topic is still going! BTW my opinion IS SO 180 DEGREES DIFFERENT than it was back on the second page of this when I posted over a year ago,

I regularly maintain on 2200-2600 cals a day. Which means when I was losing I was eating 1800-2000.

Eating 1200 a day is unnecessary and harmful in the longrun. It took me a long time to fix my metabolism after damaging it by eating too little for so long. Plus, what to do you expect to happen when you go back to eating normally? You'll gain weight because of a damaged metabolism. Why not lose weight slowly and naturally by cutting calories only a little (like 250-500 a day off your maint. level)?

I know, I know. This topic could argue on forever. But there's my opinion. I've been successful on MORE CALORIES! Eat the foods!!!
  • ncase1016
    Options
    It seems to me that you might be eating the wrong types of food. I had lost 8lbs last month before joining MFP. Trying eating things that are low in calories and high in protein to keep you fuller longer. Like, eggs and fish for example. They are going to have less calories and have a bigger pay out then say a higher calorie piece of toast.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was losing weight at 1900 cals a day. i have to agree with Starlage 1200 is unnecessary but you have to find that out for your self : /.. You should look up Metabolic Damage! Layne Norton has a wonderful Vid on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my doctor put me on 1400 calories a day. I usually go between 1200 and 1400 depending. But it seems to work for me so far. I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. ( I also walk 5 times a week for 30 mins.)
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11 <<<<
  • lingling6
    Options
    i am 410 weight 133
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You all must be starving. I'm 5'2" and eat 2,000 per day. I am losing on that, but I do exercise.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Old topic, but I'm between 5'2 and 5'3 and I don't lose on anything more than like 1400. I also have not been exercising, but will probably increase my calorie intake once I start up again, which is actually today!
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I lost most of my weight using the tdee method ( calories include exercise - don't eat back exercise calories ). I had myself set at 1600 calories and I have lost almost 40 pounds so far.