I'm not sure about if i Should eat at night

Options
I finished logging in yesterday and saw that i had 200 calories left. I had a terrible hunger pang at about 10 o clock but a friend of mine told me that if you are dieting, you shouldn't eat ANYTHING after 8. Can someone give me some advico about this?

Replies

• peggy
    peggy Posts: 25
    Options
    I finished logging in yesterday and saw that i had 200 calories left. I had a terrible hunger pang at about 10 o clock but a friend of mine told me that if you are dieting, you shouldn't eat ANYTHING after 8. Can someone give me some advico about this?
  • jmlane1981
    Options
    You don't want your body to go into starvation mode. I believe as long as you have something that isn't too heavy of a snack, you should be fine.

Maybe this will help:

Diet Tip: Curb Your Night Time Snacking
    Tue, 11/06/2007 - 3:00am by FitSugar

When it comes to losing weight, oftentimes exercise on its own is not enough. You do need to watch what you eat. After being focused on good nutrition all day long, does your willpower drop off at night? You need to make sure your night time snack is not keeping you from keeping your calories down.

My suggestion is to either close your kitchen after dinner or snack super consciously. Here are a few ideas to help you:

Try those 100 calorie snack bags and limit yourself to just one. Eat the bag slowly and savor every bite.
    Eat two pieces of healthful dark chocolate and turn your snacking into a meditation.
    Drink naturally sweet flavored herbal teas to satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your calorie intake to zero. These days, I am loving Good Earth Original tea. It is spicy and sweet. Snacking on fruit or veggies is a great way to ensure you are getting your daily recommended intake of vitamins and minerals. Carrots and celery have the snap of chips and a sweet pear is loaded with fiber.
    Let me just remind you again that mindlessly snacking in front of the TV leads to more calories consumed than you think. Don't eat straight from the bag either. Pour a reasonable size portion into a bowl and put the bag away.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    It all comes down to the calories in the end, I work midnights so I eat on a 24hour clock, eat your alloted calories for the day don't go under your 1200, the only thing I have read about snacking at night is that starchy carbs tend to be easily stored as fat because digestion is slowed, but if you are in your calorie range you should be ok, light snacking after dinner is ok....just try to stay within your 1200!.