I NEED Motivation!!!

Sedonafan
Sedonafan Posts: 26 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone! I am 21 years old and about 3 years ago I started gaining weight on my 5'7" Frame. Over the past 3 years I have gone from 130 to 237. OVER ONE HUNDRED POUNDS! I keep wanting to lose weight but just end up gaining more and more. I have an ultra supportive boyfriend and an adorable puppy who I just started taking on walks today (so I have found a nightly activity; after dinner "family" walks). I have SO much to gain from losing, but I just can't get motivated. Mainly because I am a person that likes instant gratification. The more I gain, the scarier the "I need to lose" number is. 100 pounds just seems impossible. Pllllease tell me your stories or lessons. I just need a "push".

Replies

• This may help: MY motivation is myself. I hate thinking about weight, food, calories, how I look when I sit a certain way, all the fashions I can't wear, exercise, blah, blah blah. Wouldn't it be nice to NOT think about all that stuff? And get on with life? The only person standing in your way is yourself.

Three years is more than enough time to work off 100 pounds! Good luck :)
  • jetscat
    jetscat Posts: 3
    Start small...Rome wasn't built in a day! :) Say 15 or 20lb goal. Once you reach that set a new one! :) You can do it!
  • Sedonafan
    Sedonafan Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you guys. I have lost a pound a day for the past week just by not stressing (and eating better and walking... but still :-P) Thank you guys for your motivation!
This discussion has been closed.