hi

glovely77
glovely77 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hey there just signed up today and cant wait to get started. if anyone has any suggestions for a successfull start, that would be great!

Replies

• glovely77
    hey there just signed up today and cant wait to get started. if anyone has any suggestions for a successfull start, that would be great!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome and good luck.

You can do this. Plan and prepare. We are all here for you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome! You are going to LOVE it here! It really IS the best site on the web, and more importantly, it WORKS!!! It's also fun, and easy!
    The food counter is SUCH an eye opener! And all the people on here are sooooooo supportive! It's very addicting, as you'll find out in no time!
    I'll suggest that you log your food in BEFORE you eat it, rather than afterwards, because once you see your numbers, you might make some better food choices.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Welcome! One thing that helped me is I pitched all the junk food (which is really hard because I am a very frugal person!) so that it wasn't there to tempt me. And exercise of any kind really helps. Not only do you lose weight faster, but you FEEL better!

This is a great site - enjoy!

11519.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Welcome! Be sure to plan as much as you can, keep an eye on portion sizes, and just take it one day at a time, one step at a time, and one pound at a time! That's how you gained (one pound at a time) and that's how you'll lose it. :) Slow and steady! This site is great for support and motivation!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Welcome! Good luck achieving your goals! Your gonna love it here!
  • hey i just started and i can't wait to start losing weight good luck to every one
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Welcome!

Clean out your kitchen and get rid of anything that isn't healthy. Go buy some healthy food that you are excited about. You have to eat to lose weight.

Get a support group together. Tell supportive friends what you are doing. Find exercise buddies (you'll be much more consistent if you do it with someone else).

Be kind to yourself. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, keep the voices in your head positive.

When you "fall off the wagon" try to get back on quickly, don't say oh well, I'll start tomorrow or Monday, start right now. Give yourself credit for the good things you do. Strive for progress rather than perfection.

You'll do great.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member

Be kind to yourself. Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, keep the voices in your head positive.

I thought I was the only one with voices in my head! Hooray! I'm not alone! :laugh:
  • glovely77
    thanks for all the support!!
This discussion has been closed.