1 TB Garam Masala,
¼ inch Ginger root diced
2/3 cup diced Yellow Onion
1TB Curry powder
1TB ground coriander
1TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to taste
Red Pepper Flakes to taste

In a small saucepan filled with enough water to cover lentils, cook lentils until tender (about 30 minutes). While the lentils are cooking, heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add oil and onion. Saute the onion for 2 minutes and add spices. Continue sautéing until onions are translucent and the spices have thoroughly coated the onions. Add the chopped cauliflower and stir gently to coat with the spice and onion mixture. Add the diced tomatoes, coconut milk and ginger and add salt and red pepper flakes if desired. Cover the skillet with a lid and continue cooking the mixture on medium heat until the lentils have finished cooking in the saucepan. Once the lentils are ready, drain and add to the cauliflower mixture in the skillet lower heat to medium low and continue simmering for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve in bowls and top with yogurt if desired (not included in calorie count).

I made this for dinner tonight and it was a huge hit with both my boyfriend and his son.

This recipe makes 4 large servings
Nutrition information per serving
Calories 273 Carbohydrates 38 Fat 9 Protein 11 Fiber 10 Sodium 94

Replies

• Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    One thing I want to note is that the tomatoes I used had no salt added. If you choose to use canned tomatoes with salt that will significantly raise the sodium content.
  • Silverfoxx
    Options
    Hi...I am a new member. Just looked at your recipe for Lentil/Cauliflower curry soup. Have you tried with any other type of beans? Neither one of us are too big on Lentil beans. Looks like you are doing well with your 54 lb. loss! Good for you! I love Lima Beans. Wonder if they are higher in calorie count than lentils? Silverfoxx
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I will have to try it
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am a new member. Just looked at your recipe for Lentil/Cauliflower curry soup. Have you tried with any other type of beans? Neither one of us are too big on Lentil beans. Looks like you are doing well with your 54 lb. loss! Good for you! I love Lima Beans. Wonder if they are higher in calorie count than lentils? Silverfoxx

You can substitute any bean you'd like. I prefer lentils or chickpeas as they're more commonly used in this type of cuisine and I've never been a huge fan of lima beans.

Just substitute with the kind of bean you prefer and adjust accordingly.