Can't Motivate - HELP!

Options
Okay, I work 3rd shift, and so when I get home from work, I sleep. I'm exhausted when I get back, or I would do my exercising before I lie down. When I wake up, there's no time left to exercise and I'm groggy and it's impossible to motivate. Is there ANYTHING that I can do that will help!? I need to get moving. I know that in my head. But I just can't seem to get there! :-(

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift too and have been struggling to find a balance. I try to do my workouts when I get home in the morning, but it has been hit or miss this past week. Since I started MFP though, I have been eating at my desk and then using my lunch time to walk around the building and up and down the stairs. Every little bit helps...

I am actually heading home sick soon which is going to throw off both my food and my exercise for the day. Grrr....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    it can be very difficult to excercise while working that shift. I too work late nights. I am lucky with my job it allows me to take 30 min breaks and I go walking.
  • coop644c
    coop644c Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just remember it's easy to workout once you get to the gym. i sometimes drive myself there angry the entire time b/c i want to be on my couch. Just get there, i hate to qoute tony horton, but "JUST KEEP PUSHING PLAY" lol. It may be dumb but it works :)