Chicken Recipes

Options
I'm looking for a meal to make for dinner tonight involving chicken. I've had so much of the same thing lately, chicken curry, lemon chicken, sweet and sour etc so I'm looking for something new. Not necessarily low cal, can go up to about 700 cals but the healthier the better still :)
Anybody got any tasty recipes to share?

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Stir fry chicken, grilled chicken, shake n bake chicken, chicken tacos
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Flatten a chicken breast out ,dip it in freshly blitzed breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and fry or bake its yummy .
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and herb seasoning (or your seasoning of choice, I just love that), dredge in a flour/bread crumb mixture, and sautee in butter or olive oil until cooked and browned on the outside. It's tasty, juicy, crispy and delicious! You can do this with pretty much any variety of flavors--lemon and rosemary is also really good! I usually add veggies (onions, peppers, broccoli, whatever is around) to the sautee pan as well. It's my go-to chicken dish and haven't gotten a complaint yet!
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Honey Chicken Stir-Fry.... I LOVED it over some rice.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 garlic clove, minced
    3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 package (16 oz) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegies
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1 tablespoon cold water

In large nonstick skillet, stir fry chicken and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

In same pan, stir-fry vegies in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan, stir to coat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth, gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.

Makes 4 servings
    1 cup stir-fry mixture (without rice) equals:
    243 calories
    5 g fat
    66 mg cholesterol
    470 mg sodium
    19 g carbs
    3 g fiber
    28 g protein

Enjoy!
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love Pesto chicken!!! Just take chicken breast and coat it with pesto sauce and bake at 400 for about 25-30 minutes.

Oh and make SURE you put foil covering the pan or it will never come off the pan :)

And you can also put a little cheese on the chicken after about 25 min of cooking and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Cut up the chicken into little chunks..Get an envelope of Taco seasoning (My favorite is the Taco Bell one)...add envelope of seasoning (1 envelope for a lb of chicken) and shake...then bake it or steam it...slightly higher on the sodium end, but low cal...add some Fat Free Sour Cream or some type of ranch and some hot sauce..and you've got Buffalo Chicken :)
  • TamDTam
    TamDTam Posts: 115
    Options
    Flatten a chicken breast out ,dip it in freshly blitzed breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and fry or bake its yummy .

and for a lil Pizzazz ( along with the added health benefits) use Panko breading and fry the chicken in extra virgin coconut oil...
  • kmyers9
    kmyers9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One of my family favs is salsa chicken. . I don't add the sour cream....I serve it with sour cream, salsa and avacados on the side, each person can garnish to their specific taste.

Ingredients
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    Cook chicken breast (we usually do 4) in a non-stick pan. Remove from pan. Mix in 1/2 cup of orange juice, a tbsp or two of brown sugar, and cinnamon, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Cook until syrupy, stirring well to mix in any crusty bits from the pan. Put the chicken back in the pan and turn to cover well with the sauce.

We serve this with rice pilaf studded with almonds and craisins. So delicious!
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com or hungry girl.com theres a new one i been wanting to try called chicken nacho-rific!!! also....grilled chicken marsala... or buffalo chicken wraps or chicken flattened thin season with salt and pepper and put grilled asparagus and red peppers and garlic drizzle light olive oil and roll up bake 350 for 30 minutes....i also roll up laughing cow cheese and grilled mushroomsinside of chicken....caribbean chicken with pineapple salsa??? blackened chicken and rice and beans?other sites i go to are allrecipes.com there is a healthy category there!!! good luck!
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    hi i have one from jamie oliver no less( forgive me for not knowing the cal count but its a nice dish)

for each chicken breast

you will need some foil. you need to make a parcel with an opening and then put in some olive oil,porchini mushrroms and any kind of mushroom you want to add...shi take(it wont let me spell it ptoperly hahah) and oyster are lovely!.....thyme,garlic a small glug of white wine and a little chicken stock cube crumbled (all these ingrediants amounts are to your own taste) cook for 30 min- 45 mins 200c and open and drizzle over some steamed rice with roasted peppers.

enjoy!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    BUMP