How to log couch to 5k?

Options
Ok this may sound silly but I was just wondering how everyone logs their couch to 5k? I just started yesterday and I don't know if I should just put it in as jogging or running or what. lol

Replies

• cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I total up the number of minutes that I run and use the slowest speed available (5mph) and then I put the rest in as walking at 3.5mph.

I was worried that because I wasn't actually running 5mph that it was severely overestimating my calories burned, but I did a few days of checking my heart rate during the running portions and I actually burn more calories than MFP says. So I just stick with the MFP numbers to be conservative - and I'm getting closer and closer to actually running at 5mph!
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I log the minutes walked and the minutes jogging separately.
  • JGCowboy
    JGCowboy Posts: 58
    Options
    I put in C25K and it come up...then each time, I just adjust my calories and time.....
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I take the numbers from my heart rate monitor and created a C25K option
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I use my Android phone for theC25K program, and I have My Tracks running in the background. I take my 'average moving speed' from the My Tracks info and use that for my exercise entry.

So if i was doing C25K for 30 minutes, and my average speed was 4.36 mph, I enter 30 minutes at 4.0 mph into the exercise log. That comes out just about right, as traveling a mile is roughly 100 calories a mile, no matter how quickly you travel it.