Babys bday Party

Options
I am having my daughters 1st bday tomorrow. I am trying to put my house on the market, I am in 3 classes, and I work full time. Thursday was my birthday and I ate like crap, I think I got food poisoning. IMy mother in law (who thinks I shouldnt lose any weight) will be here all weekend. I am betting I will gain 5 lbs by Monday and there are going to be 30 people here for the party ACKKKKKKK! I guess I am just venting, but how have you guys avoiding eating all the crap on these razy weekends?

Replies

• aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am having my daughters 1st bday tomorrow. I am trying to put my house on the market, I am in 3 classes, and I work full time. Thursday was my birthday and I ate like crap, I think I got food poisoning. IMy mother in law (who thinks I shouldnt lose any weight) will be here all weekend. I am betting I will gain 5 lbs by Monday and there are going to be 30 people here for the party ACKKKKKKK! I guess I am just venting, but how have you guys avoiding eating all the crap on these razy weekends?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It is tough!!!! Sometimes you just have to let go and then start again after all it's done...life is not perfect. One thing you could do is to be consistent with your workouts and try to have some portion control. Decide what foods you want to eat and don't touch the ones that you can live without....Best of all, enjoy your time with your family especially with your daughter!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • carmenberard
    Options
    I kinda let myself go during crazy/special events, eating whatever I want but only about a scoop full (size of my hand) of each fo the bad things, then I stick to healthier things for the rest.

If I eat a little bad bit of bad things I find my friends don't notice as much and don't bug me as much about being "health freak" (whatever!!) and I still get some good food while not COMPLETELY overdoing it. Then I start fresh on Monday.

Hope this helps, good luck :)
  • dachinababe
    dachinababe Posts: 185
    Options
    workout like crazy in the morning then eat whatever in good portion during my events...it works everytime... :drinker: have fun at ur party..and tell the little one happy birthday..( i still remember my sister's first birthday which was two years ago) lol..
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    My baby is turning 1 on the 23 of this month not sure how I'll deal with it but I think I find a way.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Have a great party, enjoy your daughter and eat with small portions in mind. Then get back to business as usual on Monday.
    ANd HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter!!

my twins will be 2 on the 25th. Should be a good time.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Have a great party, enjoy your daughter and eat with small portions in mind. Then get back to business as usual on Monday.

I was originally pregnant with twins, we say we got the mean one:) She will be actually be 1 on th 30th. That is what I have been trying to do, have small portions and then not snack between the unhealthy meals. I will be happy if I dont gain weight this week.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options

I was originally pregnant with twins, we say we got the mean one:) She will be actually be 1 on th 30th. That is what I have been trying to do, have small portions and then not snack between the unhealthy meals. I will be happy if I dont gain weight this week.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The mean one .. now that is funny. I always whisper to my 19 month old that he is my favorite...just close enough for my 5 and 6 yr olds to hear...sure, it will cost me in therapy later, but you should see the looks they give me!! Gotta find the humor in parenting!

Stick to your guns this weekend...you just might have so much going on you will do better then you even realize you are doing!

Good luck!

Ali