Last ten pounds

Options
rmqt
rmqt Posts: 78 Member
Anyone having a killer time with those last few pounds??

Replies

• karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am.
    I just moved the scale a half pound in a week and its been taking me a whole month to do that! I have been plateauing for that full month and am really trying to amp up the weight loss by cuttng out soda and drinking lots of water. I have really been sticking to the 1200 cal intake and working out every day too.
    only 12 lbs left and they are the hardest!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Been trying to lose them for the past year.....I had a little success and got 2 pounds lower than I am now, Easter arrived and I never saw those numbers again :ohwell: Any tips would be appreciated.
    Stats:
    5'5" weight lifting female
    CW 141
    GW 130

PS I'm on the pill and will be going off soon and I'm wondering if that would effect anything.
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    ME! ME! I have ten more pounds to lose and it is getting harder, but I am going to stick with it. Something that makes it worse for me is that I know that I could get them off if I would resort to old, bad habits of too few calories. This time I am doing this the RIGHT WAY!!!!!! We can do this!!! :happy:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am.
    I just moved the scale a half pound in a week and its been taking me a whole month to do that! I have been plateauing for that full month and am really trying to amp up the weight loss by cuttng out soda and drinking lots of water. I have really been sticking to the 1200 cal intake and working out every day too.

With less than 10 lbs to go you should not lose more than 0.5/week. I would suggest changing your goal to 0,5lbs/week and eat your exercise calories. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be. If you don't have much fat and have a large deficit you may end up burning muscle instead of fat.

You may also want to change up your workout routine to shock your system. Your routine should be changed every 4-6 weeks for this reason.
  • chelistilson
    Options
    Before I had my last child....that last ten pounds from my previous baby before was the hardest. But I have found that when I started amping up my work out regime, and really started to sweat again, doing different types of exercises, the weight came off. For example: I would do 3 sets of 20 pushups, regular plank. I switched regular plank to diamond pushups...it's amazing the difference a little change of hand position makes. Also, I usually run for 4.5 miles and my road that I run on (I say run, but it's just a jog) is really uphill so its very difficult, but if you don't have a road that you could run on like this, I find that after "running" for 1/2 mile, I do 40 high knees, and then 40 deep lunging walks and then back to jogging again. It switches it up and confuses your muscles, so they have to react. I also took up Brazilian dancing, which is FUN, I do it in the comfort of my own home in fear of hurting someone else with my akward moves and jerky motions, but for some reason, dancing really helped me too. I always kept myself sweating which is key to losing weight. Hope this helps. :)
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am.

With less than 10 lbs to go you should not lose more than 0.5/week. I would suggest changing your goal to 0,5lbs/week and eat your exercise calories. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be. If you don't have much fat and have a large deficit you may end up burning muscle instead of fat.

You may also want to change up your workout routine to shock your system. Your routine should be changed every 4-6 weeks for this reason.

Good tips thanks!