Oh no! Just weighed myself and only 0.5lb off! :( HELP!

kelscot30
kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
So now I want to go and eat chocolate!
Aww, thought I had done really well this week, wonder if the bread has made a difference?! Have drank loads of water, havent had the chance to exercise as much as husband been working so maybe that has made a difference!?

Replies

• Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Don't stress about it, just keep on the course. At least you are still going the right way and it is healthier to lose slowly (even if it is more frustrating). Maybe evaluate your caloric intake and exercise to see if it can be tweeked.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Don't beat yourself over .5lbs. A lost is a lost! You just got on this site. Keep at it! Remember, patience is a virtue =)
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 240 Member
    I know it's discouraging to think you made a ton of progress only for the scale to show a small decrease -- but it IS a decrease! The important part is that you're making the effort. Sometimes weight loss is slow, and we have to be patient; this has been the hardest part for me. Try exercising more this week if you can and see if it makes a difference. :)
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Be patient! It will come off...just give it time and stay on track!!
  • seseymj1
    seseymj1 Posts: 17
    DONT eat chocolate...just cos you only lost .5 this week maybe it will show next week dont ruin all your hard work. I was really good for 2 weeks and lost nothing both weeks :( then on the 3rd week 4lb!!!! Keep with it keep smiling xx
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Happens like that Im stuck at 151lbs for 6 weeks despite walking for an hour every day,and really watching what I eat!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    HI! hang in there and do not listen to the "chocolate demon". I did it and it has taken me three weeks to get back on track. If you can not get out to go to the gym put on some of your favorite music and dance! If nothing else it will direcet the disappointment somewhere else and it will make you feel good. If you are drinking lots of water it most likely will show the weight loss next week!! Best wishes and do not give up or in!! Shelia
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    I've been stuck at the same weight for a week and haven't changed any habits, so I know how you are feeling! The weight loss will come eventually! At least you didn't gain any...keep up the good work!!!
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    That is what I had lost the other day. Just hang in there and it will happen. Occassionally we slip and we get right back up and start again. Hang in there we are with you.
  • kelscot30
    Thanks guys, just looked back over my diary, think I need to cut the spread and butter! Got personal training tonight so will see how that goes. It's hard as being a vegetarian I'm bored with dinner choices and most include carbs such as pasta which I feel make me really bloated.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    That happens to me every few weeks. I will be stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden I will be down close to 4 lbs. Don't be discouraged!
  • kelscot30
    Also wish there was a LIKE button as on facebook so I can like all your advice!xxxxxx
  • Thanks guys, just looked back over my diary, think I need to cut the spread and butter! Got personal training tonight so will see how that goes. It's hard as being a vegetarian I'm bored with dinner choices and most include carbs such as pasta which I feel make me really bloated.

Try cous cous as an alternative to pasta, it feels lighter

throw everything and anything into cous cous - spinach leaves, peppers, tomatoes, onions, avacados…. And toasted nuts go really well with cous cous. It's also a great vehicle for oils - as it soaks up the flavour.
  • So now I want to go and eat chocolate!
    Aww, thought I had done really well this week, wonder if the bread has made a difference?! Have drank loads of water, havent had the chance to exercise as much as husband been working so maybe that has made a difference!?

Why can't you exercise , when your husband is working ?
  • kelscot30
    So now I want to go and eat chocolate!

Why can't you exercise , when your husband is working ?
    Because I have 2 small children to care for and the time I get in from work means I can't get to the gym as have no child care for them. Don't get me wrong, we have been out for long walks and I have managed to get in 1 personal training class when they were both at their gymnastics class but I have not been able to do as much as I wanted.

I appreciate there are things you can do with the kids but I don't get home until approx 6pm, my children are in bed for 8pm so I have a 2 hours window to do dinner, homework, shower and bed time stories! I have stuck on an exercise DVD once they are settled but I still have uniforms to organise, kids lunches and quite often I need to take work home!

Not a negativity session, just showing that when I am on my own with my kids the week my husband works until midnight, working out is not as easy as when he is there to help x
This discussion has been closed.