5+ Years of Back Pain....

Ben2118
Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
......is now gone!!! :bigsmile:

ever since I injured myself playing rugby in my early teens I have had some kind of back pain, got worse as the lbs piled on, almost like a stabbing pain in my lower back if I put pressure on it! Well just over 4 months of hard work with counting calories, exercising and weight training have put an end to it!, I have had no pain for 4 days now which has come as a big surprise to me.

I was dubious about starting P90X with the pain but I am half way through my 2nd week on it and in no pain what so ever!! (apart from very sore muscles!! lol)

Sometimes the number on the scale means nothing compared to NSV's!!

Keep it up guys, it will be so worth it in the end!!

Ben.

Replies

• SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! And so proud!!! you are awesome, sir! Quite awesome :)

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    It's amazing how we get our lives back. I'm very happy for you!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    This is giving me hope!

After years of working as Personal Support Worker, lifting and lugging on people, my back is ruined.

I have back pain almost daily and it doen't take much of anything to set it off, just making my bed kills me!

I am hoping that dropping the weight will help my back too...thank you for your inspiration!

Congrats on being back pain free, I know how awful it can be!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    this is wonderful!
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    That is amazing and motivational. I hurt my back a few years ago 3 weeks into a c25k program and it has never been quite the same since. I've been doing the 30Day Shred for 60+ days now and other than getting a little stiffness have been pain free. I would love to transition to P90x but have been really reluctant to chance hurting my back again. Thanks for the post!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    That is awesome! Back pain is the absolute WORST. Keep up the great work!
  • cmhegle
    cmhegle Posts: 1
    I am definitely improving my back pain walking regularly and there's no doubt that stronger muscles along with leaner muscles also help. However I was recently taught a new position for sleep which has really helped. While lying on your side (whichever side is more comfortable) put a large pillow between your thighs and another firm pillow along the length of your back. Put a relatively flat pillow under your head. Breathe quietly for a minute or 2 and make sure that all parts of your body feel relaxed. Adjust pillows if necessary adding more pillows where needed. Give it a try! Even a few minutes in the daytime allows me some relief on hard days.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Thanks guys! :smile:

I think it has been a combination of weight loss and strength training that has done it, my posture is also a lot better too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!